Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2016, 05:16 PM   #1
Silver Member

Default New 2017 Travato 59K and new to the forum

After over 35 years of pop-ups and tents, my wife and I ordered a new Travato 59K in February. We were pleasantly surprised when the dealer called to let us know that a 2017 model had been shipped by Winnebago. The major change is the addition of an interior table between the twin beds that can be used to create a double bed. The table is supported by two posts that are offset from the center of the aisle between the beds, so you don't step on the receptacles in the floor for the posts. The table works well, but is really meant for just two people. When the bed is made up as a double bed, you have to sleep across the width of the van, so tall people might have trouble. The Travato also has a place to store the table and posts if you don't want to leave the table out.

I haven't found any defects/issues yet with the RV. Everything seems to work OK. We are planning our first trip over Memorial Day weekend, but it's supposed to rain all weekend so we might wait.

We also looked at the Travato 59G (we preferred the openness of the 59K, and found the 59G bunk too small and awkward to climb in and out of), and the Roadtreks (too expensive).
gk&hc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 10:27 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

Congrats. Good choice. Be sure to check out the excellent Travato Facebook group too

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 12:13 AM   #3

Congratulations! Hope you have years of happy travels. Just curious, why do you have to sleep across the width of the van when you put the tabletop and cushion in the middle? Wouldn't it just give each person you a little more width if you slept the normal way?
VaVet96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 02:04 AM   #4
Silver Member

The table is not the full length of the existing beds; it leaves room so someone can stand in the aisle before stepping into the bathroom. The Winnebago website now shows the 2017 floor plan, including what they call the "flex bed"system in the 59K. The dimensions in the floor plan show that the width is the same size as the current beds, but it didn't feel that way. I'll have to try it again.
gk&hc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 02:19 AM   #5

Welcome and congrats. We have a 2016 model with the table and sleep lengthwise with our feet towards the bathroom when we put the table between the beds. We're really comfy that way. Easy access to the bathroom at night and no crawling over someone.
Old 05-25-2016, 11:44 PM   #6
Silver Member

Sounds very much like the setup in our old Roadtrek Versatile. I very much prefer to sleep crossways because when sleeping longways I always end up wedged in the crack between two cushions. Hope you enjoy it and have great adventures!
fwdanielson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 06:18 PM   #7

We are picking up our 2017 Travato on Tuesday June 14 and can't wait! After 15 years in a large, lumbering Class C, we are ready to live more simply. My challenge now is to find sheets to fit the twin beds! What did you do? Just use 2 flat sheets for each bed?
GrandmaB is offline   Reply With Quote