Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-16-2023, 12:54 AM   #1

Default New from TN

Searching for the "just right" B class motorhome. We have owned 3 bumper pull campers and a B+ motorhome in the past. My wife suffers from "long" Covid and has a problem entering and exiting. In my search I've noticed the Chevy frames seem to be a tad lower...so, that is primarily where I'm looking. Thanks to the Forum for taking me on.
Benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 06:51 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji View Post
Searching for the "just right" B class motorhome. We have owned 3 bumper pull campers and a B+ motorhome in the past. My wife suffers from "long" Covid and has a problem entering and exiting. In my search I've noticed the Chevy frames seem to be a tad lower...so, that is primarily where I'm looking. Thanks to the Forum for taking me on.
+++++++++++++

Welcome to the Class B Forum, and sad to learn about your wifes health condistion. As for the campervan models you will find many lower RV's. But I'm thinking more inline with a 4X2, which has the same inside gear, just lower to the ground. You may want to explor the online site RvXplor and see if anything there can help you with more of what you are searching for as for a one over the other. I'm no RV Dealer, so good luck.

Be safe and enjoy the travels and make sure to click on USER CP above and enter and update your information so if ever in need on the road trip adventure, someone may be able to help you faster with questions so WELCOME AND ENJOY THE ROAD TRIPS TO COME SOON!

=======================================
Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 04:02 PM   #3

Quote:
Hi Benji,
I live outside of Chattanooga and have a 2022 Grech Turismo-ion 4x4. Take a look and see if this would serve your wife well as we find it has served us well as a couple.
Dblegen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 04:05 AM   #4
Bronze Member

Default New from TN

I recently saw a Facebook post that someone installed a pool lift chair into their Roadtrek because of difficulty getting into the van. They said they went with this setup because it was easier to install & didn’t take as much room as a wheelchair lift.
ChristyCappello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 11:35 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
I have been thinking about your question and did you know that Winnebago makes Accable RVs? They have lifts, ramps, and more. Not just for Class A. Here is a link to learn more and then pan down the page to "SV" Specialty Vehicles https://sv.winnebago.com/
Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 08:28 PM   #6

Thanks for the "welcomes" and advice. Thankfully the wife is finally showing slight signs of improvement. We looked at a Roadtrek on a Chevy 3500 and she was able to negotiate the step.
We passed on that one because of circled upholstery (leaks). It only had 38K miles and it was a tough choice. We have focused on a 2013 PW on a Chevy now. Most likely will be owners by the end of next week.
Benji is offline   Reply With Quote