Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2024, 05:06 PM   #1

Default 2004 dodge xplorer 230 xlw widebody

Hi, new here. Looking for the towing capacity for this class B.
Also, if anyone has the owners manual they can share. Van did not come with one.

Thank you!
Sandra1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 03:34 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra1 View Post
Hi, new here. Looking for the towing capacity for this class B.
Also, if anyone has the owners manual they can share. Van did not come with one.

Thank you!

Welcome to the forum as we have a Mercedes-Bens and the tow list at 5000 MAX pulling and 500-toug weight on the hitch. On this forum click FORUM and pan down to the bottom and you should find manuals. Also, As we have a CoachmenRV.com/galleria and they build on FORD and RAM. But at the bottom of the website on the left you should find year Manual.

Good Luck and happy hunting.
Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 02:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogman View Post
Welcome to the forum as we have a Mercedes-Bens and the tow list at 5000 MAX pulling and 500-toug weight on the hitch. On this forum click FORUM and pan down to the bottom and you should find manuals. Also, As we have a CoachmenRV.com/galleria and they build on FORD and RAM. But at the bottom of the website on the left you should find year Manual.

Good Luck and happy hunting.
Thank you for the reply!
Sandra1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 07:42 PM   #4
Gold Member

Hi Sandra. Congrats to you for finding this RV! You might find your towing capacity and related info on the inside of the passenger side above front seat cabinet door. I have a '98 230XLW and that's where they put this info on mine. Xplorer changed very few things for these RV's through their production years which started in '98, although I think they upped the GVWR by around 200 lbs. starting in '01 or so. If you can't find this info there, here are my specs:

GVWR:8700#
UVW:7500#
NNC:1200#
GCWR:13000#
So in my case I have a towing capacit of 4300#

I'm lucky to have an extremely detailed and complete Manual, but it's close to 100 pages long (including details on aux. equipment such as the fridge, genny, A/C, etc, etc.) but just too much to copy. Please feel free to contact me for any specific or otherwise questions and I'd be glad to help.
nicaland is offline   Reply With Quote