Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2021, 02:28 AM   #1

Default New Member Winnebago Travato

A 2016 Travato 59G is probably gonna b ours on Wednesday, we like the sleeping capacity. Storage suffers as a result.

When there are three of us, we will have to pack very light.

When there are two of us, we want to make use of the extra space that the passenger seat area offers.

Any hints or ideas on how to make use of this space?
FredGonnaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 03:07 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredGonnaB View Post
A 2016 Travato 59G is probably gonna b ours on Wednesday, we like the sleeping capacity. Storage suffers as a result.

When there are three of us, we will have to pack very light.

When there are two of us, we want to make use of the extra space that the passenger seat area offers.

Any hints or ideas on how to make use of this space?
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your 59G!

I suggest you will find what works for you after a few trips. I bought a few things I thought we'd need before we ever camped in ours and many of those we never needed or used. But over time we did add baskets, nets, shoe pockets, 3M Command hooks, etc. for strorage. Since your floor plan is different, I have nothing to offer at the moment.

Safe travels.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 06:25 PM   #3
Platinum Member

I assume by "passenger seat" you mean one behind the driver, not the one beside the driver? Could you use the seatbelts to secure cloth duffels?

Build Site: msnomersvan.wordpress.com
Travel Site: woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com
MsNomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 09:25 PM   #4

True, I was thinking of something more solid and organized. The concern would be structural integrity under hard braking or in a front end collision.
FredGonnaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 12:23 AM   #5
Platinum Member

There is a "Travato Owners and Wannabees" facebook group with lots and lots of info on how things work, how to fix things, and how to add storage and many other mods. I don't like facebook generally but groups within facebook are not so bad, more like a regular forum. I encourage you to join this group. Just request to join and in about a day your request will be granted. Then you can see all the content. It is extensive.

I access facebook on a PC with an ad blocker, so maybe your experience on another device or without an ad blocker would be much worse.
Snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 03:47 PM   #6
Platinum Member

it is not unusual for owners of the older roadtrek popular or versatile models to remove a 3rd seat for an armoire/pantry cabinet

suggest you look at the seat attachments and see how easily removed and replaced with a cabinet which could use the seat mounts ( and other) as attachment points

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage, travato