Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2015, 04:27 PM   #1

Default New To Forum-Destin, Fl

Hi:
Wife & I retired couple years back. Travel most of US in our 2010 Winnebago ERA, previous 5th Wheels. Travelers , not campers, just like to sleep whenever we get tired. Occasional travel Europe but prefer USA in recent years.. Most recently traveled to: Burning Man, Grand Canyon, Sedona, Calgary Stampede, Lake Louise, Sturgis, Halifax, All East Coast, Fantasy Fest-Florida, Daytona Bike Rally Florida, San Diego, Cheyenne Frontier Days. Bucket list still growing faster than we can handle. Goal: build a class B motorhome that fits my 6'4" hulk.
rascorp@cox.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 04:50 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Welcome to the forum.

Burning Man should be on my bucket list.

Given your bucket so far you might want to add the bison roundup every September in Custer State Park in the Black Hills.

Advanced RV will be delivering their first super-high roof Sprinter RV soon to a tall customer. We are all curious to see how that turned out.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 06:48 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Welcome to the forum. I'm 6'3" and 300 pounds. My 92 Pleasure-Way is tight but I can stand in the kitchen area. The bedroom area is raised 2 inches and I have to crouch there, I feel your pain.
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 01:46 PM   #4

Default Custer State Park

Yes, while we were at the Sturgis we visited Custer State Park, took a jeep in with the bison, toured the Black Hills and saw, Mount Rushmore, Chief Crazy Horse. Amazing. Burning Man is mis-understood by most who have not been there. It is really a life changing experience even for this 70+ guy.
You must plan ahead, preparation is important, like start now if you want to go next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
Welcome to the forum.

Burning Man should be on my bucket list.

Given your bucket so far you might want to add the bison roundup every September in Custer State Park in the Black Hills.

Advanced RV will be delivering their first super-high roof Sprinter RV soon to a tall customer. We are all curious to see how that turned out.
Old 07-31-2015, 01:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruceper View Post
Welcome to the forum. I'm 6'3" and 300 pounds. My 92 Pleasure-Way is tight but I can stand in the kitchen area. The bedroom area is raised 2 inches and I have to crouch there, I feel your pain.
I'm 6"3", I was 310 however back to 270, goaling for 250. For me my ERA is good for sleeping, but I will make a full size head with shower when I build my own. Now just trying to choose between Mercedes, Ford Transit, or other? Sprinter is best for size, but have had difficult time finding service when on the road.