Howdy from Texas!
I was in another thread and was asked about my DIY project. I will reply here and link back there so this doubles as my intro and stays more on topic there.
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa
I hope to see at some point pictures of your DIY van.
PIcs and info in my sig. Photobucket has made a mess of things recently so here is an example. Not very exciting by class b standards but neither am I:
2017 model bought used with about 12k miles on it.
On the outside:
- 570W of mono mounted on...
- alum extrusions and steel supports suspended underneath...
- a Vantech H3 two-bar rack. The top of the panels are about flush with the tops of the bars.
- Curt 13295 receiver hitch for carrying scooter taking up space on my living room floor; need to bolt it up this weekend
On the inside:
- solar feeds 40A cc and 2x 6v golf carts.
- Shore power comes through the port on the side AC circuit and a small DIY converter (24v power supply + mppt cc).
- Battery Dr 100A isolator
- wiring is pulled, including a separate opportunity load circuit
- sound deadening in
- polyiso insulation going in now.
- Vanrug on floor
- already have the fresh/gray tanks but nothing is plumbed yet
- a long, long way to go
This is my retirement plan.