Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2019, 04:29 AM   #1

Default RV Newbies with mystery vehicle: 2012 Nissan N6 Active/NV 2500HD

Greetings,
We just (finally!) purchased our "starter" rv... a 2012 Nissan N6 Active/NV 2500HD with just 13,000 miles on it. It is in very good condition, but there are several "mysteries" we cannot solve!

We have no Roadtrek manual (just the original Nissan manual) -- so some of the answers we seek could be there, but the manual is not available online via Roadtrek's site, nor have we been able to find it on eBay, etc.

Is anyone out there familiar with this vehicle? We have some questions about the on-demand hot water -- as well as the water pump, in general.

Also the receptacle/female ends of the bench seat seatbelts are on straps that are too short. The receptacle does not extend up through the bench seat... making them entirely useless. We are considering buying seatbelt extenders -- but only want those that are safety rated and I cannot figure out what size will fit, as I believe this bench seat is manufactured by RoadTrek. Any input??

Thanks so much -- and so happy to find this forum!
Cheers,
Jennifer and Michael
jltmjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 11:37 AM   #2
Platinum Member

The brochure -> Nav6_brochure.pdf <- indicates that it has a 110V water heater so the vehicle probably has to be plugged in to the grid to use it.

I say probably because the brochure also indicates that it has a 1250W inverter. It's possible that the inverter could power the water heater when the vehicle engine is running but I doubt they wired it that way.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 11:55 AM   #3
Platinum Member

I'll just add that the water heater might be like the one installed in the RT Ranger. It was kind of like a 110V household auxiliary water heater. I remember it having to be removed from the Ranger to be drained (at least in the early production models).
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 01:09 AM   #4

Default thank you for the hot water info!

That is quite helpful re the hot water heater. I sure wish we could find a darned manual! The mystery deepens in the last few days because we have entirely removed the water jug and the water pump (it was defective) and have ordered a new one... and yet, when we turn on the inverter, WITHOUT turning on/opening a valve/faucet, all of a sudden about 1 cup of hot water pours out of the faucet. We can't call for hot water using the faucets... it just happens when it happens. We cannot figure out where the reservoir of water could possibly be (the 5 gallon water jug is not installed and we are not hooked up to city water/hose or anything). So... you might be on to something with the notion that there is a hot water reservoir!
jltmjc is offline   Reply With Quote