Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2008, 10:11 PM   #1

Default 1989 Chinook Class B

Just purchased a 1989 Chinook on a 1 ton Ford Chassis. Wondering if anyone out there has pictures of interior or floor plan as they were originally. This one has been altered and we would like to restore to original.
Thanks if anyone has any info.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:49 AM   #2
Platinum Member

I found a few photos. Technically these may be Class C's or what is now known as a B+. It depends on if they were built on a cutaway cab/chassis (Class C) or built on a van chassis (Class B). They're a perfect fit for this forum in any case.

1989 Chinook Concourse - Ford chassis

1989 Chinook Concourse - Chevy chassis

markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 05:09 AM   #3

Default Thanks for the pics

Thank you - these give me some ideas. I am on the Olympic Peninsula in WA and have visited your island by boat - great place and would like to come back with our camper.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:27 PM   #4
Silver Member

Veeerry fancy! Look's real cushy in there. My Horizon lacks the plushness and the extra chair. -The passenger seat swivels back towards the interior, and I had to deep-six the armrests for it to do that properly.

Chinook must have been a popular brand. Here in RV-friendly Arizona you still see quite a few of them.

And the Chevyvan and Dolphin-nose Fords were both extremely well made chassis. Still easy to get parts for and work on, as long as you do it yourself ..Durned kids don't know how to rebuild a carburetor anymore..

Chip
Old 09-16-2008, 10:04 AM   #5

Default Re: Thanks for the pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer
Thank you - these give me some ideas. I am on the Olympic Peninsula in WA and have visited your island by boat - great place and would like to come back with our camper.
Implemented any of those ideas yet? How's your rig coming along?

Just returned from your neck of the woods. A Land Rover, Pinzgauer, and myself just toured the Olympic Forest Service roads for three days. Always great to tour that backyard of yours.

The Chev in that photo above sure looks good.
2k3 Chevy Astro AWD, Overlandvans 4-5" lift, 4:10's w/ Eaton posi in rear, NP233c 4x4 2spd Hi Lo transfercase, 255/70 16 ATs, GTRV Pop Top w/ sleeper bunk, Gaucho coach, Coleman Fridge, and tons of Thule
T.Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:32 AM   #6
Bronze Member

I've just seen a 4 wheel drive version of this Ford pictured with Washington plates in Victoria ! Looked awesome with a chrome bull bar and a 10,000 pound winch. It was raised with 33 inch tires. Might have been a '' Quigley '' 4x4 conversion.
lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 06:09 PM   #7

Would love to see pics of 4x4 C's (B+'s). Even though I really like them, IMO, anything bigger than a Sportsmobile ( like a high top dually for example) is really pushing the size limitations for a lot of the stuff I like to do.

Fortune Creek Trail, for example, it could probably do ok, but I'd have to sweat a lot more than I do with my midsized van.

2k3 Chevy Astro AWD, Overlandvans 4-5" lift, 4:10's w/ Eaton posi in rear, NP233c 4x4 2spd Hi Lo transfercase, 255/70 16 ATs, GTRV Pop Top w/ sleeper bunk, Gaucho coach, Coleman Fridge, and tons of Thule
T.Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:44 PM   #8

Default Re: 1989 Chinook Class B

Those seats certainly look welcoming!