Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2021, 05:42 PM   #1

Default 2019 sprinter sliding door

I have a 4WD 144WB made by ARV. When I wake up in the morning the sliding door will not open. Key fob, dash and door jamb buttons do not work. I have to press the starter button to accessory position before I can open. Could be dangerous if I have to get out quick. Anyone else experience this condition?
Marty1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 06:52 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default 2019 sprinter sliding door

I assume you are referring to the electric powered sliding door, not a lock/unlock problem. If so, check out this post in the Sprinter Source forum, which states that there is a software update that might be a permanent fix.

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/i...threads/94889/

I have an ARV on the 2019 chassis with the power slider and have experienced the problem too — turning on the ignition then opening and closing the driver’s door is a reliable temporary fix. But we recently completed a 6,000 mile trip and never had it happen. I don’t know why, but my guess is that it is somehow linked to the chassis battery voltage. If you haven’t already, I suggest you talk to Frank K. at ARV about it. Maybe he can confirm that there is a software fix.
Arlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 03:32 PM   #3

Default 2019 Sprinter Sliding Door

I will check out the software update, but if the last door I used, before I lock all doors from inside using the key fob, was the driver side door, my electric sliding door will not open with either the key fob or the red button on the siding door frame. However the button on the inside door handle works. Also, if I open the driver door, the fob and red button works. While I enjoy having the electric sliding door, it's finicky.
DWallinger is offline   Reply With Quote