Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2021, 04:28 AM   #1

Default 2022 Coachman 20RB Li3

Hi everyone, we have been researching different class B’s and are starting to lean towards the Coachman RB with the Lithium upgrade. Does anyone have any experience with Coachman products, and would you recommend them? We currently have a Class C Tioga and are wanting to downsize to a more fuel efficient, stealthier camper. Thanks!
Dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 01:27 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Welcome to the forum!

I assume it is this Nova model on the Ram Promaser here:

I like the layout, the windows, screens, and the 76" bed on the driver's side. I'm 6'2" and can just stretch out in our 76" bed. Any shorter, and I couldn't do it so that's good if you're tall.

Lithium package is usually charged by an under hood generator that mounts very low under the engne in the front. It's really just a second high-output alternator. Tight tolerances have (in the past) resulted in the belt rubbing a hole in the radiator hose and dumping fluid. Rare, but something to consider. Also, the low clearance should be remembered so as not to strike the under hood generator on curbs when parking.

Please understand, I do not own this model. These are just problems I've seen reported on other forums and youtube, etc.

If the floorplan suits you and you can afford it, then go for it.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 01:54 PM   #3

The one concern I have about the RB Coachman models is the wardrobe in the wet bath. Again, I am researching, I do not own one.
Old 06-29-2021, 10:30 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
Hi everyone, we have been researching different class B’s and are starting to lean towards the Coachman RB with the Lithium upgrade.
Are you looking at the Promaster chassis or the Transit Chassis?

Quote:
Does anyone have any experience with Coachman products,
Yes. My Crossfit/Beyond 22C on the Transit Chassis is nearing three years old and I'm still happy with it. My pain points are the older Transit chassis that doesn't have modern infotainment, and that mine came without lithium batteries. If you buy new on the Transit chassis, you'll get a much better chassis than my 2017, modern infotainment and driver aids, and if you get the lithium package, you'll be way ahead of me in the battery department.

Quote:
and would you recommend them?
Yes.
Old 06-30-2021, 02:58 AM   #5

Yes, we are looking at the Nova with the Promaster chassis
Dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 10:51 PM   #6

I believe Transit Chassis is the Beyond not Nova.
JennG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 02:27 AM   #7

I actually own the Nova RB Li3 model. Had it for about 6 months. So far no problems. You have to remember you cannot charge the battery below 32 degrees F. If you want to do winter camping, heat in the RV is essential. Have not run the AC much, so I can't give you estimate as to running time. Propane tank is good size and the Truma system sips it pretty slowly. I took it camping at Christmas time in Ohio and had no issues. I have added several small items to the camper. I added several net pockets and two "Anything Keepers" to the underside of the shelving. I also added a clock, temperature and humidity gauge and a dash cam to the windshield. The TV antenna on the roof is rubbish. They have it placed between the awning tube and the AC unit. The plumbing is a bit of a headache as far as winterizing goes. None of the valves are labeled. I wish they had a valve system like Winnebago has. Shower curtain is OK, but we may replace it with a vinyl curtain. Tanks dumping is easy. Sewer hose storage is limited. I added an additional storage tube under the passenger running board. It is called the Valterra Adjustable Hose Carrier. It tucked in under the running board. I wish they had a roof port, so other devices can be added. This would make cable running easier. I am an Amateur Radio Operator, so antennas on the rood are a big deal.

Hope this helps a bit
JoeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 08:24 PM   #8

2020 Beyond 22ceb owner here. I upgraded to 6 100AH Battleborn batteries, 1/4 of the cost of Li3, plus lesser problem with balmar secondary alternator.
typhoon05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 01:56 AM   #9

Default Nova rb li3 2022

QUOTE=JoeM;137177]I actually own the Nova RB Li3 model. Had it for about 6 months. So far no problems. You have to remember you cannot charge the battery below 32 degrees F. If you want to do winter camping, heat in the RV is essential. Have not run the AC much, so I can't give you estimate as to running time. Propane tank is good size and the Truma system sips it pretty slowly. I took it camping at Christmas time in Ohio and had no issues. I have added several small items to the camper. I added several net pockets and two "Anything Keepers" to the underside of the shelving. I also added a clock, temperature and humidity gauge and a dash cam to the windshield. The TV antenna on the roof is rubbish. They have it placed between the awning tube and the AC unit. The plumbing is a bit of a headache as far as winterizing goes. None of the valves are labeled. I wish they had a valve system like Winnebago has. Shower curtain is OK, but we may replace it with a vinyl curtain. Tanks dumping is easy. Sewer hose storage is limited. I added an additional storage tube under the passenger running board. It is called the Valterra Adjustable Hose Carrier. It tucked in under the running board. I wish they had a roof port, so other devices can be added. This would make cable running easier. I am an Amateur Radio Operator, so antennas on the rood are a big deal.

Hope this helps a bit[/QUOTE]

How do you like your coach so far . Would u recommend buying the same year n model?
yahboo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 10:12 PM   #10
Platinum Member

I drove both the 2022 Beyond RB and the 2022 Nova RB. The layouts were really similar, of course. The Nova was great but just a little short on leg room for me so we went with the Beyond.

[The flip up sink in the back has a drain that is designed to drain a little residual water in the sink when you flip it up. But with the standard design the water wicks around the front when the sink is flipped up and runs down the wall. Not a big deal but annoying. However, I figured out an very simple way to fix this so it works great. If you go ahead with your purchase I'll be glad to describe it.]
JonMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 10:17 PM   #11

Did u have any issues w coachmen 22 nova 20rb li3

Thx in advance
Old 04-09-2024, 10:34 PM   #12

The 2024 models are out. I have the 2022 model. They have 3 floor plans for the Nova including the option to go to Lithium Iron Phosphate instead of the generator. I like our so far. Only a couple of minor issues that were resolved during the annual Coachmen rally. We just got back from a 1600 mile trip with the van. No problems and we averaged 15.5 miles per gallon and a lot of that was in the mountains in TN,NC. Find yourself a good dealer. That is the whole secret to any RV. A dealer that is not going to charge you for unnecessary items. Check out their service department as well.
Old 04-09-2024, 10:41 PM   #13

I am buying new old stock. 2022 nova 20rb li3 std warranties coach n chasis

No choice on dealers. I am price sensitive. Hopefully I can find a good dealer wherever I am going

I am glad you are enjoying your camper.

I will
Old 04-09-2024, 10:47 PM   #14

Great! One thing you may want to add is a permanent rear camera. The back-up camera on the Ram only operates in reverse. I installed a wireless camera from auto-vox. It has proven very valuable when driving and also pulling into camp.
Old 04-09-2024, 10:54 PM   #15

Oh that blows. Lol. I was looking forward to rear camera while I was driving

How long were you able to run your ac on lithium without turning on the engine during your last trip?

Thx
Old 04-09-2024, 10:57 PM   #16

Did u install the rearview camera yourself
Old 04-09-2024, 11:01 PM   #17

Sry I just checked out the products. Simple enough lol
Old 04-11-2024, 01:20 PM   #18

On the camera. I mounted the camera on top of the black housing and mounted the small solar panel on the roof just behind it.
We were in Charleston, SC in March. I actually recorded the numbers for this time period. Air con ran for 3 hours and 30 minutes. Refrigerator and stereo were also running (Dog was inside van). Outside temp was 75 degrees. Set point was 73. We used 3448 Watt/Hr from 8452 Watt/Hr. Solar added 224 Watt/Hr. Time frame was 12:10 until 15:40
Old 04-11-2024, 02:30 PM   #19

I've seen some 22 nova 20rb li3 models w rear digital mirrors
Old 04-11-2024, 05:13 PM   #20

Btw can you tell me the model of your rear camera. Thx in advance