Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2024, 01:57 AM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Anyone have the address of were they

Build Tellaro's ? I think its in Indiana somewhere
chrislana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 06:49 AM   #2
Platinum Member

https://www.thormotorcoach.com/company/factory-tours

Plant 240

1220 South Maple St
Bristol, IN 46507
Thor Brands Built Here

Sequence
Tellaro
Rize
Scope
Sanctuary
Tranquility
Dazzle
Twist
Palladium
Talavera
Old 04-15-2024, 02:45 PM   #3
Platinum Member

The place doesn't look big enough to be producing all those brands.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 03:04 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
The place doesn't look big enough to be producing all those brands.

Did you look at Google street view for it? From that I think I counted over 40 overhead doors into the building. They are on all 4 sides.

That door setup is pretty odd when you consider an assembly line format would be end to end so wouldn't need that many side doors, I would think.

It looks like it is probably more than 300K square feet though, probably larger. Lots of employee parking and also a van storage lot shown.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 04:27 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
Did you look at Google street view for it? From that I think I counted over 40 overhead doors into the building. They are on all 4 sides.

That door setup is pretty odd when you consider an assembly line format would be end to end so wouldn't need that many side doors, I would think.

It looks like it is probably more than 300K square feet though, probably larger. Lots of employee parking and also a van storage lot shown.
A google just showed me that it was big... but big enough to be turning out 10 different models? But I don't know that much about manufacturing RVs. I spent part of a day wandering around the original Great West Van factory, whose one line would have 5 or 6 vans in process and they had a half dozen floor plans.

I have toured the LTV factory, which is more spread out rather than one big box, but looks about the same square footage from google. They build 2 models on their two lines... and can't keep up with the demand.

But looking at the quality difference, those at Thor are probably going through there at breakneck speed thus allowing quantity over quality. lol
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
Old 04-16-2024, 04:46 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
A google just showed me that it was big... but big enough to be turning out 10 different models? But I don't know that much about manufacturing RVs. I spent part of a day wandering around the original Great West Van factory, whose one line would have 5 or 6 vans in process and they had a half dozen floor plans.

I have toured the LTV factory, which is more spread out rather than one big box, but looks about the same square footage from google. They build 2 models on their two lines... and can't keep up with the demand.

But looking at the quality difference, those at Thor are probably going through there at breakneck speed thus allowing quantity over quality. lol

It is very hard to guess the size of buildings when you don't have dimensional reference to check to.

I had done a quick search as newer buildings will commonly have some boasts about them but nothing showed up and the real estate sites just show empty land.

The layout of the building, since it is new, would probably be designed to do multiple models and layouts, especially if they are only on one or two different chassis versions.

As mentioned the layout is puzzling for assembly line type manufacturing because of the fairly equally placed doors on all 4 sides.

It may be they are doing things differently than we would expect. Perhaps they do the basic chassis work that is similar between the models on an assembly line and then send them to model specific cells to be completed which would explain the many overhead doors. Or maybe it is all cells like Roadtrek went to in about 2008 before going under. Until someone takes a tour we may not know how they are doing it or how big the building is.
Old 04-16-2024, 05:30 PM   #7
Platinum Member

I just measured the building using Google satellite view and the measuring tool built into maps.

I got 325,000 sq ft.

Probably not perfectly accurate but when tracing routes with it in the past it has been pretty good, at least on the map tab not satellite which I never used that way.

For reference, the current Roadtrek facility in Cambridge is shown by Roadtrek at 255,000 sq ft.
Old 04-17-2024, 03:12 AM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
For reference, the current Roadtrek facility in Cambridge is shown by Roadtrek at 255,000 sq ft.
Roadtrek has 3 lines in the new factory that Hymer set up and Rapido took over (if I recall correctly - maybe 4 possible) - 2 for Promaster units and 1 for Sprinters.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
Old 04-17-2024, 10:34 AM   #9
Bronze Member

Thanks guys cause im going and try to got to them for warrantee.
chrislana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 03:16 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislana View Post
Thanks guys cause im going and try to got to them for warrantee.
In most cases, they just tell you to go to the dealer you purchased from...
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme