Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2013, 04:37 PM   #1
Gold Member

Default dumping portable toilet contents

i was wondering what others thought about doing this ?
i have a portable airtight factory camper toilet that has a place to put in the fresh flushing water and the storage tank below .
which is what my stealth van will have one thought is dumping it in a gas station bathroom being careful not to make a mess and flushing their toilet .
i have done this in our own toilet at home after a stealth van trip to illinois .
I guess one could pay at a gas station that has a dumping area for r.v's
any other idea's ??
lightspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:52 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: dumping portable toilet contents

Are you asking about the actual dumping or the ethics of it. You can use any toilet to dump it. I make sure to use real rv T.P. and digester chemicals to make sure the consistency of the tank materials won't clog whatever toilet I dump into. I have had no trouble yet. You probably should ask first but will probably be denied just out of ignorance. I try to use public restrooms. I think truck stops allow truckers to use their restrooms to dump portapottis. Just make sure you cause no clogs. Don't skimp on your toilet supplies. Good luck.
stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:56 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Default Re: dumping portable toilet contents

Also. Only use digester that wont harm the good bacteria in septic and pit toilet systems. I tend to use more digester than needed to make sure it breaks down to a watery consistency.
stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote