Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2013, 07:27 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Great West Vans New Model

Great West Vans in their March newsletter said they are designing a new model that is going to be one of their most exciting coaches. They also said there are a few other things to be revealed in 2013.

Does anyone have any idea what is happening since no further newsletters have been published?
pattonsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:22 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Great West Vans New Model

The Sprinter is redesigned for 2014, so I'm sure it has something to do with that, likely models coming out in the fall or early winter that are upfitted from that chassis.

Of course, there is the Ducato which can be upfitted, but GWV has been historically the high end market, and GVW making a type B on the Promaster chassis would be like Acura making a budget subcompact, so I seriously doubt this would happen unless they split off a separate division, or made a deal with an European maker.
mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:39 PM   #3
Platinum Member

You can't go by historical reasoning since Great West Van is under new ownership. Besides, historically they've built on all the other brands as well. As for quality they are equal to and not much different from Roadtrek, Pleasure-way and Leisure Travel Vans. Previous ownership and new ownership, so far, have one trait in common--they were always low volume in production so didn't have to make high production decisions to always kick out identical Bs. In other words they had the capacity to customize to a certain extent. I can't imagine, for instance, going to the Pleasure-way factory and asking them to put a second auxiliary battery and another electrical outlet in a week from completion.

In regard to new developments, I haven't kept up with them at all.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:13 PM   #4
Platinum Member

GVW (AFAIK) is one of those "you can't go wrong buying one" brands. So, whatever they have as a new model will be something pretty good. I just wish there were a dealer in my state that sold those.
mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote