Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2019, 05:40 AM   #1

Angry Help! 1997 Dodge Roadtrek ball joint and arm discontinued?

Hello everyone,
I have had a 10 day stint that has nearly caused me a mental breakdown on top of my van breakdown. I have a 1997 Dodge Roadtrek and the front passenger arm broke. The disc (sorry I’m a newbie) the mechanic ordered was the wrong one. So he told me he found the right one, but that it’s been discontinued so I should feel lucky he found it but that it wouldn’t arrive for a week. I don’t have my dog, I’m not sure if I still have a job bc I’ve been waiting on this part and I live in my van and I was on a quick road trip when I broke down. Well after waiting a week on the second try of them ordering this part, he said the holes on the disc don’t match up? So what am I missing here? I find it hard to believe this part has been discontinued and is actually that hard to find. I’m also worried they’re gonna charge me labor on their **** ups of ordering the wrong parts, hoisting it up and realizing it’s not the right part. I will also state the Roadtrek was made in Canada and I’m currently in the USA. They made it sound like this was also an issue although I don’t understand how? Can somebody please help me. I need to get home and I’m scared I’m gonna get stuck with a giant bill due to their lack of effort.
shorti.pie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mechanic, parts, repairs, roadtrek, roadtrek 190