Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2010, 08:33 PM   #11
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan
Default Re: How does one manually dump if macerator is not working

I had some "experts" work on my RT 190P beginning of March, because they were listed as
RT approved service agents.
That was when a pair of issues occurred on my van with the battery isolator, and my genset.
I had them install a new battery isolator and do an oil change on the genset. When they were
done, I had a dead genset, wouldn't crank at all, and the next day my vehicle battery was drained.
My first thought was what the heck did they do ???
At first I was convinced they had somehow caused the problems, but by the time the issues had been
resolved, it appeared it was coincidental, and likely they had nothing to do with either problem.
The battery was caused by the new alarm/starter not triggering the alternator circuit correctly, and
the genset was a wire corroded inside the casing, not really near the oil changing area of the genset.
However, I won't go back there ever again, as their overall attitude was less than professional on at
least one level. I've since found another place that I feel completely comfortable with, which is
about 60 KM farther to get to one way, but the extra gas is worth the superior service and work.

So, I know what you mean when you say you can't be sure if the CW people may have messed up,
and you'll likely never know unless you discover some evidence of negligence or incompetence.
You are at their mercy, and some seem to flaunt that. I also don't like "secret" workshops, where
I can't watch what they're doing to my van. I figure if they have nothing to hide, let me watch, even
if it's just through a waiting area window facing into the shop.

Just keep looking, maybe you'll find a better service center a bit farther away.