Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2019, 02:00 PM   #10

Hey IdleUp thanks for your post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdleUp View Post
Good Morning - We’re going in circles here as we did on last article, where these same six guys contradicted my last articles facts. Hopefully, you’ll remember you were all proven wrong. To refresh your memory, when I stated that up-fitters were no allowed to drill even one hole in the frame of a Mercedes and all called me a liar. The next day, I verified my comments to be 100% correct in a LTV video where my friend Dean in a factory tour, openly confirmed I was correct. I was also on the money regarding the limitation of only drawing 40 amps from the stock Mercedes alternator.
These where your claims:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdleUp View Post

1) Up-fitters are "Not Permitted" to use the Mercedes engine for any lithium charging functions.

2) Up-fitters are "Not Permitted" to use any self-starting devices on the engine.

3) Up-fitters are "Not Permitted to use the engine for any stationary extended idling.

4) Up-fitters are "Not Permitted" to draw over 40 amps from the stock alternator.
I am glad to see you have retracted your #1 unsubstantiated claim that the Mercedes engine cannot be used to charge a lithium battery, glad to see you come around good work!

#2 and 3# are still unsubstantiated and not listed in the latest 2019 Body and Equipment Guidelines (BEG). I am eagerly awaiting the BEG addendum that will backup your claims! I am sure master upfitters that use self starters and high idle charging like the popular Advanced RV will be very interested as so they can discontinue production of those systems. Perhaps you can contact them and notify of your credentials and insider knowledge so they can get a head start!

Regarding #4 nobody disagreed and we tried to explain to you that it has nothing to do with lithium charging and is listed in the Body and Equipment Guidelines (BEG). You are patting yourself on the back for something everyone already knew, good work!

Regarding your claim that "up-fitters were no allowed to drill even one hole in the frame" is very odd, Mercedes has a BEG Addendum - MY2019 - Non-drilling/modification areas
That clearly shows drilling into the frame is ok if done correctly:

Sprinter drilling.JPG
jharrell is offline   Reply With Quote