Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2020, 07:04 AM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbn7hj View Post
It seems to me a compressor fridge will destroy any idea of low power living. Even tho the conversion kit is standing in my hallway I think it will stay there as long as possible.

I use wheels to stay away from heat the 3-way fridge can’t handle. I put that limit at 100F.

I needed more power to run SAT TV and the furnace. I may have suckered myself in to the compressor fridge thing and am delaying. The propane fridge works quite well below 100F.

I do have an Engel compressor cooler/freezer to cover fridge emergencies and the power to run it. Hopefuly my 2 year old propane cooling unit lasts a few years. The power tyranny of a compressor fridge I’m not looking forward to.

Like everyone else I’m looking forward to MexDocs final numbers. He is including fan power which I hadn’t considered before.
We have an Engel my family has used ymevery year in NZ since 1973 - never fails.

One of the Chest Type Engel MT45 Combo units I would have installed but in an existing Class B, the fridge cavity isn't deep enough or tall enough.

Then you need the space to store it & open it and or a sliding unit which again is a compromise in our existing units.

I might have a bad Novakool.

Or its an issue with ventilation, now it's down to
36.6F.

Maybe it was the Sensor falling off its Velcro mount but regardless I am throwing away the milk.
Full Timer in a 2005 Roadtrek Versatile 190/Super Modified & Lifted, Two 220ah Lifeline 6 Volt AGMs in Series, 250 watts Solar, Victron BMV712 Meter & Victron MTTP 100V/30A Solar Controller, Magnum MMS1012 Inverter Charger, Onan 2.8 Generator, Novakool R3800 Fridge & more ...
themexicandoctor is offline   Reply With Quote