Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2014, 05:46 PM   #61
Platinum Member

Default Re: New 2015 Pleasure-Way Lexor on Ram ProMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51
Quote:
Originally Posted by booster
Just looked, the vans can be sold to the US.
that is new -thanks for the info-but where on the site does it say that-i just see the trailers as ok in US

Booster- i looked again - 'Conversions sold in USA directly from the factory" means you have to buy a van in USA and bring it to them to convert.thats what i said
Nope, that's not what it means. It means that they want you to buy one direct from the factory rather than through a dealer, so they can handle the export stuff. They say the same thing for the trailers, but a dealer in London Ontario quoted us one to the US, and said it is not an issue even if the site says that. The dealer said the vans were the same way, but I would check with the factory to be certain.
I can confirm that you need to bring the US van to the Safari Condo plant in Quebec. They did a few GM vans for US customers. Take into consideration the travel expenses. The same for Sportsmobile, they can't sell US vans to Canadian customers. Sportsmobile tried it, it took more than a year for the van to get a Canadian approval. The stringent vehicle regulations for motorhome don't apply to trailers like the Safari Condo Alto.
GeorgeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 08:48 PM   #62
Platinum Member

Default Re: New 2015 Pleasure-Way Lexor on Ram ProMaster

Plenty if room in Mississippi for a U.S. Safari south
stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote