Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2021, 07:26 PM   #1
Silver Member

Default Roadtrek 210P tire recommendation

Can anyone recommend a very good tire manufacturer for a RT210P for general highway and some offroad?
Diver007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 10:06 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Michelin. I just put on four new last week. I had the Bridgestone’s that came with it when I bought new…..the Michelin ride much better.
Old 11-09-2021, 10:52 PM   #3
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron J. Moore View Post
Michelin. I just put on four new last week. I had the Bridgestone’s that came with it when I bought new…..the Michelin ride much better.
Thanks for answering Ron. Which tire did you decide on was it the LTx?
Old 11-09-2021, 11:03 PM   #4
Platinum Member

It was the LTX. They came at $235.00 per tire.
Old 11-09-2021, 11:10 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Last year I went with the michelin agilis cross climate

happy with them

I wrote a searchable post

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 02:34 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkguitar View Post
Last year I went with the michelin agilis cross climate

happy with them

Mike
Same here on 97PW. Done a few trips with them including AZ to MN. Good
tires.
GallenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 11:16 PM   #7

Does anyone know the difference between the 200v and 210v…? Aside from the rear door that doesn’t open, are the two vehicles the same size (length, interior space etc) any pros and comes vs the 2 models? Any help is greatly appreciated
BostonT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 02:14 AM   #8
Gold Member

Does anyone have any experience with the Nokian Rotiiva AT Plus? They seem like a good all-rounder for road and gravel and have the mountain/snowflake rating. Kal Tire is selling them at $215 ea. Thoughts?
Anachr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 06:19 PM   #9

I own a 2017 RoadTrek Popular 210 built on a Chey 3500 chassis.

While the Michelin LTX M/S seem to provide a better ride. We found a BIG Problem with them.
The Michelin were the EXACT size as the original Bridgestone, BUT they are VERY Different. The difference is the way they are made.
THEY are bigger and wider which causes them to RUB on the back inside of the wheel well against the truck frame when the wheel is turned. The rear tires also rub against the back of the wheel well plastic.

We had to change the tires back and what a difference in the room. I did not want the tire to blow unexpectedly.

I never ran into that situation before, but was told by a truck Mechanic that it happens a lot.
Determined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 06:39 PM   #10
Silver Member

I have a 2003 Pleasure way on Ford 350 chassis, I am on my 2nd set of tires. My problem is handling going down the road wondering. My 2nd set is Copper's, would the Michelins help with that. If I have read right they have a stiffer sidewall. Any opinions on this.
leva56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 07:17 PM   #11
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determined View Post
I own a 2017 RoadTrek Popular 210 built on a Chey 3500 chassis.

While the Michelin LTX M/S seem to provide a better ride. We found a BIG Problem with them.
The Michelin were the EXACT size as the original Bridgestone, BUT they are VERY Different. The difference is the way they are made.
THEY are bigger and wider which causes them to RUB on the back inside of the wheel well against the truck frame when the wheel is turned. The rear tires also rub against the back of the wheel well plastic.

We had to change the tires back and what a difference in the room. I did not want the tire to blow unexpectedly.

I never ran into that situation before, but was told by a truck Mechanic that it happens a lot.
Wow! great catch. You saved me a fortune. Wonder if this is only Roadtreks or would chevy express have the same issue.
Thanks
Old 11-14-2021, 08:05 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver007 View Post
Wow! great catch. You saved me a fortune. Wonder if this is only Roadtreks or would chevy express have the same issue.
Thanks
I don't know. It was the first time I ever had that happen. I love the Michelin LTX M/S tires. They ride, handle great and last a long time. It's the only tire I have been using on my older Chevy SUV's and Toyota truck.

I had never seen that happen or heard of it happening. I thought that with the exact same size, tires were interchangeable. There maybe small differences but not that much. It was very significant.

I do not know if it will be the same on the others ie: Ford, Dodge or Mercedes Chassis's
Old 11-14-2021, 08:30 PM   #13
Bronze Member

Michelin Defenders have always been good on my Chevy Roadtrek 210

As far as the Off Roading in 210 Roadtrek there are several issues, 1. The chassis is already heavily loaded with all the household fixtures 2. Clearances are close. 3.Exposed tanks, drain pipes and generator are going to take a beating. 4. High centering a 22.5 foot long vehicle is easy to do. I have scraped bottom crossing some railroad crossings.
I'd suggest towing a jeep for your off roading
South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 08:45 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by South View Post
Michelin Defenders have always been good on my Chevy Roadtrek 210

As far as the Off Roading in 210 Roadtrek there are several issues, 1. The chassis is already heavily loaded with all the household fixtures 2. Clearances are close. 3.Exposed tanks, drain pipes and generator are going to take a beating. 4. High centering a 22.5 foot long vehicle is easy to do. I have scraped bottom crossing some railroad crossings.
I'd suggest towing a jeep for your off roading
I don't off road, but the Michelin LTX M/X has been a great all around tire for me. It just seems to last and you get your money's worth. I have had them last over 70K miles
I was really surprised by this.
Old 11-15-2021, 05:51 AM   #15
Silver Member

Do you recall the tire size for the Michelin?
Old 11-15-2021, 11:39 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by leva56 View Post
I have a 2003 Pleasure way on Ford 350 chassis, I am on my 2nd set of tires. My problem is handling going down the road wondering. My 2nd set is Copper's, would the Michelins help with that. If I have read right they have a stiffer sidewall. Any opinions on this.
How new are your shocks ? I have a 2017 Roadtrek Popular 210 and it had almost 50,000 miles on it and the shocks were shot. We put monroe extra heavy duty shocks on and the handling went way up.
Old 11-15-2021, 11:45 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver007 View Post
Do you recall the tire size for the Michelin?
They were the same size as the original Bridgestone.
I believe it was 245 / 75R 16.
Old 11-15-2021, 12:20 PM   #18
Platinum Member

The tire rubbing, and on both ends of the vehicle just don't sound right to me as we have never heard of that before and there are very many Chevies running around on Michelin LTX, Defenders, and now Agilis out there.

We have a large size Agilis at 265-75-16 on our 190 and they don't hit, even.

Since both ends are a rub, is it possible they have the wrong wheels on the van? If the offset or the wheels was more positive than stock, you could get inside rubs. If you have a wheel off, check the inside of the wheel to see it it has a part number, model number, or numbers that might be the offset number. It should be 28mm offset on the Chevies. It is likely it is not the offset as errors are usually the other way, though.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 12:25 PM   #19

It was weird to me also.
No everything was original. I also thought of that too.
I also never heard of it either, but when we installed new Bridgestone tires, the same as the originals, the difference was significant.
Old 11-15-2021, 01:01 PM   #20
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determined View Post
How new are your shocks? I have a 2017 Roadtrek Popular 210 and it had almost 50,000 miles on it and the shocks were shot. We put Monroe extra heavy-duty shocks on and the handling went way up.
I don"t know, they look new but that doesn't mean they are. Thanks maybe try new ones and change to the Michelin tires too. I also have airbags that I carry 50 psi in.
leva56 is offline   Reply With Quote