Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2018, 02:28 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default "Sewer Solution" - anyone?

In anticipation of getting our new B van next month, I would like to set something up at home for very occasional waste tank dumping.

Normally in the past, with our travel trailers, I have never needed this as we always ensure tanks are dumped and clean when leaving the last RV site, but I anticipate things could be different with the van - ie day trips and such.

99% of the time we only use the RV toilet for "peeing" and that would certainly be the same with day trip use, so tank emptying should be wthout major issues - I hope.

I suppose we could just leave the tank partly full until next time we visit an RV park, throwing in extra chemicals from time to time if needed.

But I have been looking at ways of dumping at home to keep things bit more clean.

I have come across the "Sewer Solution" water operated device - a sort of macerator that looks as though it could do the job for us - especially considering the way we use our black tank.

I know that there are portable electric macerators - but much more $$, more things to go wrong I imagine, and I think that if its perforance is half decent, the water powered one could be a simple way to go for us.

Comes with a 10' x 3/4 hose and you can buy a 25' extension - this would reach from our driveway, through the garage, and to the standpipe in our adjacent laundry room into which our clothes washer hose normally dumps, and that is what I thought to use. (I haven't seen a convenient clean out anywhere around the place.)

Before I order, just wondering if anyone has experience with the "Sewer Solution" and/or any other comment or advice ?

At one time local waste water plants around our home had free dump stations but from what have found they are now all history - they don't even offer a facility for use for a fee.

There is a local Park nearby that has a dump station, but unless you are camping there, the charge is $17 !

Brian.
<<B-Guy>> is offline   Reply With Quote