Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2018, 11:35 PM   #21
Platinum Member

Default MPG over a 100,000 miles trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doneworking View Post
Actually, the guy I bought the Phoenix Cruiser from didn't sell it because of the V10 Ford. He was new to RVing and started out with a Sprinter based PleasureWay, then a Phoenix Cruiser, then a diesel pusher. He did all this in less than three years.

I never worry about gas mileage. I just fill 'em up and go. Our Roadtrek 210 with the Chevy 6L gets probably 14-15 mpg on a good day's run for several hundred miles. It has plenty of power for Rocky Mountain passes and drives like my Jeep Grand Cherokee except the RT is more comfortable for several reasons.

Our Phoenix gets about 10 mpg and I simply have not experienced the handling problems some express. Perhaps, some of it is because I accept the fact it is a truck, not a B. Or, maybe I am just lucky!!

I know some folks on the Class C forums that have worked and worked to get their Ford based rigs to handle to their satisfaction.
I'm getting 18 to 20 MPG, let's call it 18 reliably, so, over 100,000 miles, I'll use about 5,500 gallons of fuel, while your Phoenix at 10 MPG and maybe less at times climbing steep grades, will use 10,000 gallons....

I did some quick math at CA fuel prices and you would have paid about $35,000 in fuel alone... the higher MPG would be about $18,000 to $20,000 or at least $15,000 less in terms of cost.

That fuel savings will pay for a lot of service calls on the Mercedes.

As far as handling goes, I wouldn't just "accept" that it's a truck and you have to put up with whatever it does... I presume you want safety and ease of use while driving. Just for your info, here's the web site on this.

https://www.hendersonslineup.com/supersteer-products

The guy that traded all of those vehicles in 3 years must have some deep pockets, that's a really expensive thing to do.

Enjoy both your Roadtrek and PC.... but, sounds like you are more comfortable driving the 210...

You didn't mention what you paid for the PC... maybe you'd rather not disclose that?
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote