Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2021, 11:07 PM   #12
Bronze Member

Hi Jake,

Quote:
If you choose to go tankless you should install a diverter valve on the hot water line close to the showerhead that runs back to the fresh water tank. This way you can run the water through the WH and warm it without wasting the freshwater. If you have never used tankless before you should know that you have to run about a quart to a 1-1/2 quarts of water through it to get the heater to kick on every time you turn it off. This makes taking a navy shower a choice between enduring blasts of cold water every time you turn the faucet back on or wasting a big chunk of water each time. The diverter will let you run it until it is warm while just circulating it back into the freshwater tank.
Wow, this actually sounds awesome. I know that a tankless would need a venting port close to where it's installed, but I'm ok with that, since I'm gutting the rv anyways, what's one (or two, or three) more holes drilled in it?

If they do work reasonably well in an RV, I'd like to go this route, as I think it would be the most water efficient.

Can you recommend any tankless water heaters?
FlootloseNFree is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#overhaul, #remodel, #rennovation, #rialta, #systems