Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2018, 12:15 AM   #11
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
Right on George! I wish one of the manufactures used the lightweight framing method as you did. It looks like it is only DIYers doing it now. Anyone know of a builder that would make lightweight framed cabinet on a B-van conversion?

I guess the problem is the framed cabinets are more labor intensive.

The grossest thing I've seen in RV Industry is installing granite countertops and ceramic tile floors in large RVs.

- - Mike
2012 Sprinter 3500 Extended converted B-Van by Airstream
With 21st Century tools the cost of engineering would go up but assembly labor should go down if staplers are removed (even forcefully) from manufacturing floors in lieu of engineering tools and modern machine park. Cost of engineering would certainly go up but it should be distributed among many builds. Cabinets frames could be CNCed, from plywood, walls laminated on presses, and the total assembly glued together, no staples. But, there are folks today who would refuse to own a car without an iron block and heads.

I am in the midst of planning a trip to Bled Slovenia and Trieste Italy for a week or 2 and Adria in Novo Mesto will be an hour away. I will try to get a tour, not being a customer, I am not sure it will be possible. Perhaps I can compare it with the local Van Specialties being business for the last 45 years.

GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote