Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2021, 02:38 PM   #61
Platinum Member

One of the service departments recommended for the new Roadtreks is their dealer in Gainesville, Sunshine State RVs. I can't speak to their experience with the classic Chevy models.

If you can tolerate Facebook, there is a group for older Roadtreks and also a group for Chevy based Roadtreks.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 03:05 AM   #62
Platinum Member

Welcome to the forum Morkani!

Sorry to hear of your problems. Take some solace in the fact you've had relatively few problems compared to shop visits. Or at least the many shop visits for the same things have magnified your problems.

Take the advice on this forum and do read SteveJ's PM for whatever advice he has to offer. Once you get some help and find competent rv and auto shops, you'll be better off.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 04:07 AM   #63
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
Welcome to the forum Morkani!

Sorry to hear of your problems. Take some solace in the fact you've had relatively few problems compared to shop visits. Or at least the many shop visits for the same things have magnified your problems.

Take the advice on this forum and do read SteveJ's PM for whatever advice he has to offer. Once you get some help and find competent rv and auto shops, you'll be better off.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Unfortunately my window of opportunity to help has closed for a couple of weeks. Wedding near Tampa later today, company for a few days, then off for just over a week with a tent on the motorcycle to the Natchez Trace followed by fun in N GA mountains.
Just for fun:'15 Kawasaki Versys650LT
Perfection is a fantasy, though improvement is possible(Wifey).
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 08:29 PM   #64

Thanks I totally understand.

UPDATE:
I have found some help so far that sounds promising. I connected with a friendly sounding gentleman on the reddit rv forums who isn't' nearby but maybe headed from california to florida in a few months. In the meantime he had a friend who's nearby who built his own schoolie and asked if he'd swing by. He even had his friend call him during the diagnostics since he was more familiar with the engine.

We spent some time on it today, and he's thinking it could be something as simple as the battery because it had been reading weird. Everything was closed today so monday we're going to get it swapped out (he's staying nearby for a little while). He wouldn't even accept any compensation from me. (well, he accepted taco bell, but that doesn't count lol)

(I'm also wondering, if I get myself to Quartzsite there will be a LOT more RV repair shops and i'll have greater chances of finding a reliable shop there than here in florida?
Morkani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 02:04 PM   #65
Platinum Member

Send a message via AIM to sewright33 Send a message via MSN to sewright33 Send a message via Yahoo to sewright33

Hi Marco polo You were the adm when I
Joined a few years ago
Most likely my first roadtrek and then my second roadtrek and here I am wanting another one
I have now had the class As snd a few others but the roadtrek you can’t beat especially the older wide vans
Ann Ontario
sewright33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 12:52 AM   #66

Default 92 roadtrek 250 parts???

Looking for a throttle cable for a 92 roadtrek 250. Anyone have a lead on a parts source
Raoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 09:37 PM   #67

Default RT 200 Popular, 2000 Chevy & Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottie409 View Post
I guess anyone that owns a 200 Roadie is SOL when it comes to parts as nowhere on the site do they list 200's. I contacted Home Park Kitchener with serial number and the vehicle doesn't show up in the system. Love the manufacturers that ignore customers and still expect brand loyalty. I was trying to get a tailpipe and was told that it is a GM part but the chassis was lengthened so no parts show up in GM system. Also need door handle for the entry door to the camper but not GM part.
Any one out there with a 200 have a parts source?
So what did you end up doing about the exhaust. It’s 2021 now and I have made 37 phone calls to exhaust and tailpipe places and been told no so many times. The ine yes I got is having problems locating an exhaust they can custom make for it.
Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 12:29 AM   #68
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie View Post
So what did you end up doing about the exhaust. It’s 2021 now and I have made 37 phone calls to exhaust and tailpipe places and been told no so many times. The ine yes I got is having problems locating an exhaust they can custom make for it.
I had the exhaust done for about $200, from the cats back on a 2000 200 with the 5.7 engine. All custom made tubing as that is pretty much how the shops do it now, from what I was told. Stocking the premade tubing for all of the different cars, trucks, what have you is a bit of a logistics nightmare. A few pieces of tubing in different sizes makes inventory much less complicated. And no getting the wrong parts as it's custom made and generally welded in place.
Old 10-22-2021, 12:49 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
I had the exhaust done for about $200, from the cats back on a 2000 200 with the 5.7 engine. All custom made tubing as that is pretty much how the shops do it now, from what I was told. Stocking the premade tubing for all of the different cars, trucks, what have you is a bit of a logistics nightmare. A few pieces of tubing in different sizes makes inventory much less complicated. And no getting the wrong parts as it's custom made and generally welded in place.
I have the same model and year RT. They removed the muffler and took it to a parts place to try and get something close. No luck. Do you have a shop you used? OR maybe a suggestion of who to call? I’m in Florida. It’s all rusted and while a tailpipe is all it needs ends up the whole exhaust needs done for the sake of welding. I’ll call them tomorrow and suggest the cats back. You got a deal. 1200 estimate here. I appreciate your reply. Should not be this difficult to get work done on it. But it is.
Old 10-22-2021, 01:23 AM   #70
Platinum Member

Quote:
I have the same model and year RT. They removed the muffler and took it to a parts place to try and get something close. No luck. Do you have a shop you used? OR maybe a suggestion of who to call? I’m in Florida. It’s all rusted and while a tailpipe is all it needs ends up the whole exhaust needs done for the sake of welding. I’ll call them tomorrow and suggest the cats back. You got a deal. 1200 estimate here. I appreciate your reply. Should not be this difficult to get work done on it. But it is.
Haines Creek Garage and Tire Center on County Rd 473 in Leesburg. It's been a few years so I'm sure it will be up around $300 or more now.

Not a fancy place but they seem to know stuff on class B vans, at least the Domestic ones. There was a Dodge RT in there getting a complete tune up while I was there.

I wouldn't hesitate going back.

Edit to add, replacing the whole exhaust behind the cats is the smart play as the other parts are getting on in age also.
Old 10-22-2021, 01:33 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
Haines Creek Garage and Tire Center on County Rd 473 in Leesburg. It's been a few years so I'm sure it will be up around $300 or more now.

Not a fancy place but they seem to know stuff on class B vans, at least the Domestic ones. There was a Dodge RT in there getting a complete tune up while I was there.

I wouldn't hesitate going back.

Edit to add, replacing the whole exhaust behind the cats is the smart play as the other parts are getting on in age also.
Ah, thank you so much! I will be calling them!
Old 10-22-2021, 01:48 AM   #72
Platinum Member

Quote:
Ah, thank you so much! I will be calling them!
Yer welcome.