Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2024, 11:21 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Sprinter (Roadtrek) Levelling Blocks

I'am trying to find out which style of blocks people carry and use. These things take up space and that is something we don't have a lot of. I bought a set of those drive up an on lego style plastic blocks. Now I realize that is only for one wheel. What about the other wheel? Where do I put these things and when will I need them. I was thinking I would need them when visiting family and park in their driveway. But can I get enough lift even for some of those driveways. I bet what I bought will only give me about 3" lift. It is a Short Sprinter.

Do you Sprinter campers really have levelling problems and how do carry the solution?
OldPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 04:00 PM   #2

Hey there, we have a Ford Transit with limited space and what I did was buy a Kelty Trash Bag that is made to either hang on a spare tire or like ours, hangs from the top of the door. It has straps top, bottom and sides so it is very secure and I put foam pipe insulation along the straps to keep them from rubbing against finish. We keep the levelers, outside carpets, and other items in it. It has a lot of room, totally seals up waterproof and works great! There is another brand that is cheaper but we went with this one because of the quality.
Kelty sells them and also of course, Amazon.
jaman08@icloud.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 04:12 PM   #3
Bronze Member

I carry this set of leveling blocks in my Sprinter though I don't often use them (link provided below). If I find my parking area to slope in the direction of travel of the RV, I park with such that the head of the bed is at the higher level and don't bother to level it. The only time I use the blocks is if the tilt is excessive side-to-side.

https://www.amazon.com/Tri-Lynx-0001...8EALw_wcB&th=1
Jim Agile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 04:21 PM   #4
Site Team

We never bothered to acquire leveling blocks. Over 19 years, the number of times that we have missed them can be counted on one hand. As Jim said, one can almost always find an acceptable parking orientation.
avanti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 04:40 PM   #5

Without hesitation I would recommend GoTreads; I use them for leveling but they're also great for traction in mud and sand.
UKDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 04:47 PM   #6

I custom cut a bunch of 2x6 boards to fit under the bed in behind the right rear wheel well and beside my tool boxes. I find it easy to level up using one or more boards. From time to time I forget and move away without them. Really cheap to replace!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/mohG3udye2pDhDxDA

Ken Kennedy
London, ON
2007 RT190P
yogi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 05:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaman08@icloud.com View Post
Hey there, we have a Ford Transit with limited space and what I did was buy a Kelty Trash Bag that is made to either hang on a spare tire or like ours, hangs from the top of the door. It has straps top, bottom and sides so it is very secure and I put foam pipe insulation along the straps to keep them from rubbing against finish. We keep the levelers, outside carpets, and other items in it. It has a lot of room, totally seals up waterproof and works great! There is another brand that is cheaper but we went with this one because of the quality.
Kelty sells them and also of course, Amazon.
Google “SPARE TIRE trash bag”.
hobbssb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 05:38 PM   #8
Bronze Member

we have a set of Lynx Levellers and store them in the outside storage area on passenger side in the compartment where the water hookup is.
Some years use them alot and others hardly ever. Smaller parks yes, bigger parks no.

Mike Bee
97 RT 170P
formerly 89 VW Westfalia
former tents for 15+ yrs
Mike Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 07:05 PM   #9
Platinum Member

If you have a newer RT with all electric appliances, then leveling is not critical. I use the Lego style blocks, and they work well, and are easy to store. My three way fridge requires that I get as close to level as I can. I bought an extra set of the blocks for those times when I must level two wheels.
Old 04-07-2024, 09:02 PM   #10
Silver Member

We carried Lynx leveling blocks for years. Only used them once. They are now sitting in my workshop. We put an iPhone with leveling app on the floor and got close to level by maneuvering around site. Never had an issue.
Moonmanvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 09:21 PM   #11
Platinum Member

We carry about 15 of the lego blocks in the side pod of our 07 Roadtrek 190. They take up very little space, maybe 10" of the pod. They also keep stuff from sliding around when used as spacers in the pod.

On our fall trip last year we were in a lot of State and National parks and we used the blocks once in 30 nights which is probably a bit less than usual in unknown areas for us. I thought we might need them more often but when we were reserving we paid close attention to the pix and descriptions of the sites and did better than expected. When we are in places we know we get sites we know we can get level so many trips we don't ever use them.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 04:58 AM   #12

We have a set of camco tri-levelers. They work well for us. We tend to camp in forest service campgrounds and usually need to level a little bit.
dashton72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 03:04 PM   #13
Platinum Member

I carry 6 Lynx "Legos" (orange) and use them all the time. May not perfectly level, but takes the edge off and keeps us from rolling out of our small bed.