Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
 
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-05-2024, 11:52 PM   #1
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Location: USA
Posts: 19
Default Mercedes Sprinter Van. How do you stop the front sensor from beeping?

Mercedes Sprinter Van. How do you stop the front sensor from beeping?

I'm not sure if I have a defective sensor or something, but it beeps nonstop at slow speeds even if there is nothing there.

Does anyone have this issue?
MysteryMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 06:02 PM   #2
Platinum Member
 
GeorgeRa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMachine View Post
Mercedes Sprinter Van. How do you stop the front sensor from beeping?

I'm not sure if I have a defective sensor or something, but it beeps nonstop at slow speeds even if there is nothing there.

Does anyone have this issue?
I assume it is a proximity/parking sensor, your display should indicate which one. Perhaps sensor is shorted with salty water. Remove and clean.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 07:36 PM   #3
Platinum Member
 
Boxster1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMachine View Post
Mercedes Sprinter Van. How do you stop the front sensor from beeping?

I'm not sure if I have a defective sensor or something, but it beeps nonstop at slow speeds even if there is nothing there.

Does anyone have this issue?
Can you give us some more details? What year is your Sprinter? Is it an RV conversion? How do you know it is the front sensor? Do you have some sort of display indicator along with the beeping?

Edit: I see you have a GrechRV that is new so you should see an indication of the front sensor on the MBUX display. GeorgeRA has good idea the clean sensor. But if this is a new vehicle under warranty take it to a dealer to get it fixed.
__________________
2024 Airstream Interstate 19
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 05:49 PM   #4
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Location: USA
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
Can you give us some more details? What year is your Sprinter? Is it an RV conversion? How do you know it is the front sensor? Do you have some sort of display indicator along with the beeping?

Edit: I see you have a GrechRV that is new so you should see an indication of the front sensor on the MBUX display. GeorgeRA has good idea the clean sensor. But if this is a new vehicle under warranty take it to a dealer to get it fixed.
We clean it but it still acts up. It acts like we are about to hit something at slow speed when there is nothing there.
MysteryMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 10:46 PM   #5
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Location: usa
Posts: 4
Default

A couple of troubleshoots you might want to consider, as highlighted by GeorgeRa and Boxster1971, include giving your sensor a good clean. Sometimes, it just needs a little pampering to get back on track. If your van's sensor were a person, I'd say it's desperately trying to win "The Voice" of parking sensors with all that unnecessary beeping.
wizardbizzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 03:13 AM   #6
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Location: USA
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardbizzoom View Post
A couple of troubleshoots you might want to consider, as highlighted by GeorgeRa and Boxster1971, include giving your sensor a good clean. Sometimes, it just needs a little pampering to get back on track. If your van's sensor were a person, I'd say it's desperately trying to win "The Voice" of parking sensors with all that unnecessary beeping.
I found and fixed the issue.

In case anyone has the same problem, I will let you know how I did it.

The van had a European license plate holder in the front. When the van is driving a low speeds, the beam will spread out wider than normal and as a result it will hit the front European style plate holder. I live in a state which does not require a front plate. So removing this European front plate holder has solved the problem as far as I can tell. I have not taken it in any trips yet so I don't know 100% but by just moving around in my driveway, the problem seems to have stopped.
MysteryMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 11:18 AM   #7
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2024
Location: Florida
Posts: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMachine View Post
I found and fixed the issue.

In case anyone has the same problem, I will let you know how I did it.

The van had a European license plate holder in the front. When the van is driving a low speeds, the beam will spread out wider than normal and as a result it will hit the front European style plate holder. I live in a state which does not require a front plate. So removing this European front plate holder has solved the problem as far as I can tell. I have not taken it in any trips yet so I don't know 100% but by just moving around in my driveway, the problem seems to have stopped.
Hello.
I am having the same issue, did it fix permanently after remove the front plate bracket?
Thanks
El_Dany is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
beeping, muting, parking, sensor

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.