Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2020, 11:01 PM   #1
Silver Member

Default Can the mounting 'cup' for a table be added?

Hi,

An RV salesman told me it is "easy" to move the cup that holds this table forward so that the table is directly in front of the two bench seats. Is that true? Or does it requires cutting holes in the floor and possibly running into some wires or pipes or something else? I want to be able to use the sofa in back as a full time bed (I am only 5'3" and a solo RVer) and I want to have a table to sit at for using my laptop and having meals.

Thank you for your thoughts!

Vee
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image 9-2-20 at 3.55 PM.jpg (137.7 KB, 27 views)
Vee and Zeekie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 12:15 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Some of the table sockets are mounted on the surface & fastened to the plywood floor., in which case you likely can move the socket. You'll leave some ugly screw holes where the old socket was.

Others are recessed into the floor. That type would be hard to move, as you would have to drill a bigger hole in the floor.

If the latter, you might also be able to leave the old recessed socket in place, and attach a surface mount socket in the new location.

Or switch to a Lagun style mount.
Old 09-03-2020, 12:15 AM   #3
Platinum Member

I doubt it would be easy. Some of these mounts required deep center hole some, the higher one don’t. I would assume the second one should the same as the current one. Adding one would be easier than changing location of the current mount. Someone would have to investigate the floor, and what is under the floor. Possible – yes, easy – no, potential for screw-up - yes. Ask the salesman how many he has done.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mari...=2527&bih=1258
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 12:17 AM   #4
Platinum Member

It's probably possible to move the base forward, but as others have said, it would be better to add a new base. Of course, you'll have to make sure the new holes don't damage anything below.

My table is on a slide; the underside pedestal mount has considerable travel. If yours is like that, you may find where the table is mounted is actually OK.
rvsprinterguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 12:20 AM   #5
Site Team

You should definitely just add one. My rig has three different receptacles at different places. You can get plastic caps to close up the opening if it bothers you.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 01:19 AM   #6
Platinum Member

uh-hum, sounds like something the dealer might do for you as a courtesy

In my van the rear table mount was surface mount and 6 screws through the carpet into plywood to remove. the mount on the front appears to be built in- the dog bed in on top of that

we don't use the table at all

its stored in our garage

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 01:38 AM   #7
Bud
Platinum Member

Or start over with a Legune.
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 03:34 PM   #8
RMo
Bronze Member

If you don’t plan on stressing the table with too much weight, it might be easier to move the mount on the bottom side of the table to an off-center position that moves the table forward.
Old 09-03-2020, 03:39 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMo View Post
If you don’t plan on stressing the table with too much weight, it might be easier to move the mount on the bottom side of the table to an off-center position that moves the table forward.
Good point. DavyDD first introduced the idea of an off-center support on the list. I followed his lead, but instead of moving the receiver, I added a second one. That way, the table can be used in either mode. This has worked very well for us

IMG_5691.jpg

IMG_5692.jpg

IMG_5693.jpg
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 07:53 PM   #10
Silver Member

Thank you everyone for the great tips! Good to know I have so many options with getting this table to work for me. This is not the vehicle I am buying but I have noticed a lot of them with that table configuration so now I know I can change it. Great forum!
Vee and Zeekie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 05:40 PM   #11
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Michael View Post
Some of the table sockets are mounted on the surface & fastened to the plywood floor., in which case you likely can move the socket. You'll leave some ugly screw holes where the old socket was.

Others are recessed into the floor. That type would be hard to move, as you would have to drill a bigger hole in the floor.

If the latter, you might also be able to leave the old recessed socket in place, and attach a surface mount socket in the new location.

Or switch to a Lagun style mount.
Rather than go that route I would take a good look at the Laguna table. It offers much greater flexibility in positioning, is more stable and may suit your needs better.
brianm142@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote