Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2015, 01:07 PM   #61
Platinum Member

Circle the wagons, put your head in the sand, and shoot the messenger!!!

But, for God's sake, don't bother to fix the problem

If there weren't so many innocents dragged into all this, it would almost comical.

Not a great return on the that $1M of development and testing money.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 01:20 PM   #62
Platinum Member

Jefiner, I am confused by your comment about my motives for remaining on the Roadtreking Facebook group???

Are you saying that my motives were unbelievable???

Please clarify for me your comment, I can assue you that my motives were very believable to me...
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 01:40 PM   #63
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
Jefiner, I am confused by your comment about my motives for remaining on the Roadtreking Facebook group???

Are you saying that my motives were unbelievable???

Please clarify for me your comment, I can assue you that my motives were very believable to me...
I think that Jenifer was commenting about the people on the Roadtrek Facebook Group and not your motives. I agree it seems cliquey over there.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 01:46 PM   #64
Platinum Member

It is Facebook, the Internet version on Junior High School, why would we expect it to be any different. No adults in the room.
Old 10-19-2015, 03:01 PM   #65
Platinum Member

wincrasher, thanks for your take on it, but I would like jefiner to respond also to see if it aligns with your view...

I can see how it could be confusing...
Old 10-19-2015, 03:58 PM   #66
Platinum Member

Getting banned for your internet activities outside of the group might be a new low.

It is effective misdirection though. It changed the focus of the conversation from Ecotrek units with problems to group moderation issues and Facebook etc.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 04:20 PM   #67
Platinum Member

I still keep wondering how the newish owners are letting this go on. Perhaps they aren't the highly skilled white knight saviors they say they are.

If and when they go to sell off Roadtrek, as is their pattern, all of this chatter will come up in the prospective purchasers due diligence and certainly will not be a good thing for market value. Of course, there is always the possibility that Hammil is set to be the buyer.

As Marko said, good distraction from the problems in the short term, though.

Next I suppose the rest of us will have to watch out for attitude adjusting thugs, and libel lawyers
Old 10-19-2015, 04:29 PM   #68
Platinum Member

I do think Roadtrek will get things sorted out with the Ecotrek modules. Roadtrek seems to be committed to customer satisfaction and fixing problems even transporting RV's back to the factory. That's not an inexpensive undertaking.

It would be awesome to get an update from them to let customers and potential customers know what causes the problems and how close they are to making this a distant memory.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:25 PM   #69
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markopolo View Post
Getting banned for your internet activities outside of the group might be a new low.

It is effective misdirection though. It changed the focus of the conversation from Ecotrek units with problems to group moderation issues and Facebook etc.
I wouldn't be surprised. I got banned for just reposting a older post showing how Jim Hammil trashed the competition in the group. However Jim H to his credit was not offended but Jennifer the "B" and Mike the Weasel got offended.
tbirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 07:11 PM   #70
Platinum Member

Quote:
I do think Roadtrek will get things sorted out with the Ecotrek modules. Roadtrek seems to be committed to customer satisfaction and fixing problems even transporting RV's back to the factory. That's not an inexpensive undertaking.

It would be awesome to get an update from them to let customers and potential customers know what causes the problems and how close they are to making this a distant memory.
You know, I hope you are right about getting it straightened out, but I have a lot more doubts about it than you do, I think. Look at the etrek without a balancer, and we are years down the road before they finally got shamed into fixing some? all? or maybe only those who complain a lot.

My guess would be that it will get a minimal fix, that allows the system to function without locking up, but there still will be a huge question of whether or not the rest of the system is giving best performance and durability or not. If they couldn't make it run at all out of the box, how well did they do on other details? A lot of folks won't stress the system enough to really notice if it is working well or not, and if they don't have good monitors, nobody could tell anyway, so there probably will be a quiet time. It will be several years before we really know if a fix was complete, or not, and that makes for a lot more new owners at risk of issues, just like with the etreks.
Old 10-20-2015, 01:14 AM   #71
Platinum Member

So, jefiner has not replied to clarify the comment to me. I notice that jefiner has been here many years and only made 3 posts, this comment on me being the third. I may be wrong, but I suspect that jefiner is the moderator on the Roadtreking Facebook group who treated my wife with disrespect and is known over there for making nasty/rude comments without consequence.

If I am right about this I say, Hi Jennifer, couldn't resist coming out of hiding, could you, needed to get in the last word???

If I am wrong, then just consider me to be paranoid about people watching me from the shadows...

In any case, Hi Campskunk, hope you are having a mellow day...
Old 10-20-2015, 02:05 AM   #72
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
So, jefiner has not replied to clarify the comment to me. I notice that jefiner has been here many years and only made 3 posts, this comment on me being the third. I may be wrong, but I suspect that jefiner is the moderator on the Roadtreking Facebook group who treated my wife with disrespect and is known over there for making nasty/rude comments without consequence.

If I am right about this I say, Hi Jennifer, couldn't resist coming out of hiding, could you, needed to get in the last word???

If I am wrong, then just consider me to be paranoid about people watching me from the shadows...

In any case, Hi Campskunk, hope you are having a mellow day...
Does Jennifer have a 94 Roadtrek like Jefiner does per her first post?
Old 10-20-2015, 03:18 PM   #73
Platinum Member

I believe so...

In any case, I am going back to lurking here, just not my cup of tea..

I continue to participate in the Roadtrek Owners Facebook group and other groups and forums...

I will continue following your interesting discussions but promise not to report your activities to any of my leaders, oh wait, I don't follow any leaders...
Old 10-20-2015, 03:50 PM   #74
Platinum Member

The banning does seem to have the desired results for them.

I think of Ron (from Massachusetts). He was very active on RV.net and this forum posting mods to his Roadtreks (plural). He got banned over a discussion about the macerator but was later pardoned.

He doesn't post much anymore.
Old 10-20-2015, 03:56 PM   #75
Platinum Member

Quote:
The banning does seem to have the desired results for them.

I think of Ron (from Massachusetts). He was very active on RV.net and this forum posting mods to his Roadtreks (plural). He got banned over a discussion about the macerator but was later pardoned.

He doesn't post much anymore.
i think Ron's(sargeant76) wife is sick
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 03:57 PM   #76
Platinum Member

They probably didn't know that when they banned him.
Old 10-20-2015, 08:35 PM   #77
Platinum Member

Is this one already known about or a new unit with a problem?

Posted 2 days ago: Wanderlodge Owners Group - View Single Post - WOG 2015 RALLY DISCUSSION

Quote:
Got our Roadtrek CS adventurous with Ecotrek 800 and Voltstart (mouthful) on Thursday and are having a problem with a relay in one of the lithium cells. Roadtrek has a team travelling to replace, but too late for us to make WOG at Pine Mountain....................
Old 10-20-2015, 09:55 PM   #78
Platinum Member

I don't believe it is on the list, is it Gerry? The name isn't familiar to me.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 02:23 AM   #79
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
I don't believe it is on the list, is it Gerry? The name isn't familiar to me.
New one to me
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 08:55 AM   #80
Silver Member

Gerry, Ron is still a member on RV.net.
Caped Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote