Old 06-04-2017, 12:04 AM   #131
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
Happy recovery Dave, based on the post you are back to yourself, congratulation.

How many days you can camp without charging, no engine, no driving, no solar?

Cheers,
As I said an easy three days as I have the 420w of solar in the peak period of 8 AM to 4 PM which I didn't count toward my "Walmart" or traveling through boondocking stops. The last stop I made at Turkey Run State Park in Indiana last week was a typical 4 PM to 8 AM traveling through and I used 148ah on my battery. We did brew the 4 cups of coffee on the Keurig but had dinner at the Lodge. I just can't imagine more than 3 days staying put with the exception of maybe a rally not driving. I've eked out 5 days and as I mentioned numerous times and we treat our B electrically with all systems available whether or not plugged into shore power. I could turn off the inverter most of the time, but why if I don't need too. Maybe if I didn't have the articulating beds on 120vac I might have gotten into the habit as Roadtrek advises customers.

I have gotten into the habit of not plugging into shore power even when it is available as was Turkey Run SP. Last year I unplugged at 95% of the time. Our interrupted May trip we didn't use shore power once and 4 of those days was in a downtown parking lot next to Buffalo, NY General Hospital.

Just before Memorial Day I driveway parked at my sister's house and went a week turned off the inverter and still didn't drop below 60% SOC. We didn't stay in the van but kept the refrigerator at day 6 and 7 on at its lowest setting just to keep the beer cool.

2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 02:47 PM   #132

So glad you're doing better. We've followed your posts for a long time and they led us to getting an ARV. But what's this about 4pm to 8am. Are you saying you leave your overnight stop at 8am? We have trouble getting out of a campground by 11am. Our favorite time is laying around the van with our little dog in the morning. Any advice?

Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 03:00 PM   #133
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout View Post
So glad you're doing better. We've followed your posts for a long time and they led us to getting an ARV. But what's this about 4pm to 8am. Are you saying you leave your overnight stop at 8am? We have trouble getting out of a campground by 11am. Our favorite time is laying around the van with our little dog in the morning. Any advice?
Everybody has their own pace of travel. In our case it would be more like arrive at 4pm on Monday and leave at 8am of Friday if we find a place we like. Longer drive days in between and longer stays in one place have kind of settled into our pattern.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 01:12 PM   #134
BBQ
Platinum Member

One person's experience

https://www.facebook.com/groups/7467...c_location=ufi

BBQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 01:20 PM   #135
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ View Post
Link to a post the links back to the classB forum???????

http://www.classbforum.com/forums/f5...rder-6105.html
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 01:56 PM   #136
BBQ
Platinum Member

I meant to post this link... but i guess they are the same thing.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/7467...5846301231030/

BBQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 02:33 PM   #137
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout View Post
Oh, I stay 24 hours all the time and as I mentioned 3 days is a slam dunk without worrying about battery SOC and using electric freely with all electrical systems without a generator or running an engine in the campground.

The point I am making is I am more a tourer and the reason I have a B and not a larger motorhome or a trailer which begs to be parked. The 4 PM example if generally if you need to stop it is best before campgrounds fill up and you have time enjoy dinner. Actually at Walmart or equivalent traveling through stay it might be closer to sunset or driving around for settling in for the night. Also, a Walmart you best be getting on before 8 AM. But the other point I am making is touring is not a 24 hour stay nor optimum use of solar because with a second alternator traveling in optimum solar time at the peak of the day, solar is inconsequential. 8 am to 11 AM is still not peak solar hours anyway.

Even if I stay in one place for a few days, driving is going to take place for the various reasons I stated. That is another reason for a B. It is easy to do especially if you have no tethers like a electrical cord to put away. I'm antsie. I like to drive. I've averaged over 15,000 miles a year in the past dozen years. If I hadn't been working for a few of those years it might have been more.

We bought the Advanced RV because we had settled into those habits and on the road lifestyle and ARV was the only company at the time that had a solution. I think the 800ah battery is the sweet spot of easy no worries though I think 400ah lithium ion with the second alternator could give us the same traveling freedom with our style. Hunkered down in a closed RV with air conditioning is not our style either. If you desire that then shore power is the way to go.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 10:47 PM   #138
Platinum Member

RoadTrek fixed the issue I'm happy to say. They brought down the price to within a Ben Franklin of the original price, so we're happy about that. The communication issue was unfortunate but not catastrophic, and it's bound to happen in any company that has several levels of employees (and definitely when spread over several countries).
WingedRyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 06:25 PM   #139
Platinum Member

Dealer said our order has a SO# (I'm guessing that is special order number) and has priority status. Anybody know what "priority status" means?
Old 06-11-2017, 03:24 PM   #140
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedRyno View Post
Dealer said our order has a SO# (I'm guessing that is special order number) and has priority status. Anybody know what "priority status" means?
Somebody said it meant the dealer wouldn't get any units "like" ours delivered until ours was delivered. FWIW.