Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2019, 01:21 PM   #1

Default Oh no, another Floridian...no Two!

Very glad to have found this forum. My wife, Laura, and myself, Joe are new to camping, RV's, and Class B's. We recently purchased a 2007 Roadtrek 190 Popular. Our choice had a lot to do with the fact that we plan to tow our small aircraft with us, so we won't have the ability to have a Toad. So much to learn and this looks like a very good resource. We have journeyed to our side yard so far and the trip was a success. We're hoping to visit Lake Griffin State in the near future as our first real shake down. Stand by for the HELP posts.
GyroJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 07:38 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Welcome aboard from another Floridiot. We live in Lake County, near Mt Dora.

We are currently on TDY near Mammoth Cave NP up in KY.
Just for fun:'15 Kawasaki Versys650LT
Perfection is a fantasy, though improvement is possible(Wifey).
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 07:49 PM   #3

Thank you. We live in Geneva about an hour east of you.
Old 08-12-2019, 10:52 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Welcome to the forum. A wealth of knowledge here. Interesting about towing your AC behind your
RT190. My AC is alittle too big to tow, Cessna 337. My wife and i have a 2007 RT210 Versatile
and we love it. Located in Holly Hill, Fl.
RAA357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 11:24 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroJoe View Post
Very glad to have found this forum. My wife, Laura, and myself, Joe are new to camping, RV's, and Class B's. We recently purchased a 2007 Roadtrek 190 Popular. Our choice had a lot to do with the fact that we plan to tow our small aircraft with us, so we won't have the ability to have a Toad. So much to learn and this looks like a very good resource. We have journeyed to our side yard so far and the trip was a success. We're hoping to visit Lake Griffin State in the near future as our first real shake down. Stand by for the HELP posts.
Welcome to the forum GyroJoe!

The Roadtrek 190 Popular should serve you well.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 11:30 PM   #6
Bud
Platinum Member

rowiebowie, are you the official Greater on this forum? If not, the forum should hire you, terrific job, IMO as booster might say.

Sure nice you're here, imo.

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 11:31 PM   #7
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
rowiebowie, are you the official Greater on this forum? If not, the forum should hire you, terrific job, IMO as booster might say.

Bud
So much for speeling.

Bud
Old 08-13-2019, 09:22 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:

Bud
Thanks, but I just remember the position I was in when I joined (not that long ago). Knew very little about my rv and yet found so many on this forum willing to help. Just want others to feel as welcomed as I was.

I had the same problem as many others new rv owners. All local dealers were expensive. Many were either backed up for months or lairs and crooks. I had a $350 run-in with the latter and decided I could do it better and cheaper myself. Have been gratified what I've been able to do with my meager skills, the advice on this forum, and youtube of course.

Quote:
So much for speeling.

Bud
Aw, I thought you really meant "Greater". I was humbled you thought of me that way, but now I'm even more humbled to discover it was only a spelling error.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 09:39 PM   #9
Bronze Member

Enjoy your 190. We had a 2007 Popular 190 for 10 years great class B. You don't happen to have mine which I traded in for a 2017 RT CS.

Steve
goodtogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 12:24 PM   #10

No steve. Actually mine is a versatile, but I could not find how to edit a post. I bought it from the original owners.
Old 08-18-2019, 04:06 AM   #11
Gold Member

Welcome! I'm not from Florida but my 07 Agile SS is! Nicknamed Ol'Pilot after the man who left it to me. He pulled his ultralight with it back in the day...
bigfelipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 05:06 PM   #12

we are just up the road from you at summerfield.. Lots of gators at the park your at. Not many air craft though. welcome.. bob
MrTrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 07:14 PM   #13

I have a 2008 Versatile that I purchase 3 years-ago. Nice to have resources to learn about our rigs. It can feel overwhelming at first.
roadversatile21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 08:26 PM   #14

Default Welcome GyroJoe

We too own a 2007 210V. We bought ours from the original owner in 2010 with 5500 miles on it and now have about 135,000 miles on it so we enjoy using it! So far it has been in all of the lower 48 states, many particularly across the south to California, multiple times. We live in the Gainesville, FL area having recently moved here from New Smyrna Beach, FL.
Steve
Newberry, FL
3fox3@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 10:59 PM   #15
Gold Member

Default Towing your plane behind a Roadtrek 199

My wife and I have been towing a Kitfox two seat plane inside an enclosed trailer coast to coast annually for over a decade - leaving the plane in the trailer at local airports and touring by Roadtrek like most of us do - then flying out of those local airports in the most scenic destinations when the skies are blue and flying is spectacular.

We have homes in the Florida Keys and Chesapeake Bay regions and have owned lots of fast planes but flying down low and slow in calm air, all around beautiful destinations with the doors off is incredible fun.

You will love it !

Bob and Dusti
443-480-1023
drjones7788@gmail.com
Bjones7788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 11:05 PM   #16
Bud
Platinum Member

"....but flying down low and slow in calm air, all around beautiful destinations with the doors off is incredible fun."

Yes, 48 us states, 6 Canadian provinces, Baja and without any doors. Minivan, not a B - B later.

Bud
Old 08-19-2019, 01:48 AM   #17

I am from North Florida and have a newtome RT 2007 190P. I live near Sunstate and the Keystone Heights air park. Please let me know if your in the neighborhood and I can be of any assistance!
Cheryl4386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 08:23 PM   #18

Bud are you saying you too towed your aircraft around the country? What was it?
Old 08-19-2019, 09:17 PM   #19
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroJoe View Post
Bud are you saying you too towed your aircraft around the country? What was it?
No, I placed it where the third seat and drawer were with an 05/04 190P. The wing folded was placed next to the toilet/shower on the back seat/bed. Lots of pieces parts, tools to stay in the air, as I was addicted prior to the B. That ended about 6 years ago, darn it, but no complaints about my physical life.

Bud
Old 08-19-2019, 09:19 PM   #20
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
No, I placed it where the third seat and drawer were with an 05/04 190P. The wing folded was placed next to the toilet/shower on the back seat/bed. Lots of pieces parts, tools to stay in the air, as I was addicted prior to the B. That ended about 6 years ago, darn it, but no complaints about my physical life.

Bud
Oh, I do have recent complaints about mental stuff. A ppg, powered paraglider.

Bud