Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2019, 05:31 PM   #1
Silver Member

Default Bicycle Cover?

Looking for a decent bicycle cover for 2 old (1950's/60's) Raleigh Sports 3 speed. I don;t like the Swagman, period. Any other suggestions will be appreciated.
Moonmanvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 10:30 PM   #2
Platinum Member

This one seems intriguing: I spotted these on the back of a class A in a campground.
https://www.cuckoobicyclecovers.com/contact
JohnnyFry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 04:23 PM   #3
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmanvt View Post
Looking for a decent bicycle cover for 2 old (1950's/60's) Raleigh Sports 3 speed. I don;t like the Swagman, period. Any other suggestions will be appreciated.
I purchased a LT-27 Road Bag to zipper enclose two bikes.
After a 4,000 mile trip there wasnt xany wetness or dirt on the bikes. Www.usaroadbag.com
South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 11:59 PM   #4
Silver Member

Thanks, I'll check it out!
Moonmanvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 10:04 AM   #5

I got 2 bike cover made by Classic Accessories and I love it. It was only something like $40.00
Robert L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 08:46 PM   #6
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert L. View Post
I got 2 bike cover made by Classic Accessories and I love it. It was only something like $40.00
I've had a Classic Accessories cover and it worked well for 18 months. The fabric became sun fatigued and tore from trying to put back on bike.
My classic accessories bike cover didn't last
South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 09:18 PM   #7
Platinum Member

For the first time we are going to travel coverless. I learned last trip that nobody can see our taillights due to the cover. Then I read that some hitch manufacturers say a cover creates too much wind drag and stresses their hitch. We have a Swing Away rack and I do worry about this. So instead of using magnetic lights we are going to see how much work it is to simply wash the bikes when we get south.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:34 PM   #8
Platinum Member

We also gave up on bike covers. They flapped too much in the wind to the point where we could hear them while driving, blocked the back window partially and always eventually tore. We now just use covers on our saddles to keep them dry.
jrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 10:50 AM   #9
Platinum Member

Well, I've posted this pic below on previous threads, but it's relevant here also.

Personally I would do like I've already done for my other hitch cargo - I'd make my own bicycle cover using a tarp, and cinch it with a bungee cord.

Consumer-grade sewing machines can handle an eight-dollar tarp from Harbor Freight. Tarp is thick enough so that it won't flap around, especially when held with a bungee. It becomes a simple matter of creating the rough shape and then sewing a few seams (instructions here). Easier with straight-sided objects, but the same approach would work for a bike.

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote