Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2019, 03:33 PM   #1

Default Discharge hose replacement

The waste discharge hose on our 2013 RS Adventurous split and I needed to replace it. I contemplated having it done but all shops are always full and a month out. So, I found the kanaflex hose supplier online ordered the hose and had it shipped. I figured that even if I could not replace it myself I would at least have the materials to give the shop to install. Well, after investigating things under the van (I have soe 8x8 ramps that I have cut for ramps from years ago) I decided that it was a case of “no guts- no glory”. I cut hose at macerator attached a line to it. Pulled out old hose and the pulled in the new one and attached it to macerator. Changed out nozzle at end and was done. Total time including set up, and cleanup: 2 hrs! Much easier than I has thought it would be.

Doug
2013 RS Adventurous
3500 Mercedes chassis
Dcarm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 09:30 PM   #2

Hi Doug - do you have the retractable Shurfolo 8ft.
3200-200 Macerator? How has the hose held up...
Flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 09:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip View Post
Hi Doug - do you have the retractable Shurfolo 8ft.
3200-200 Macerator? How has the hose held up...
I do have the SureFlo 3200-200. I got a 20’ length of Kanaflex hose (1” ID). I was able to replace the hose fairly easily (its a bit awkward working underneath the rig and the hose fits quite snuggly over the ports. I used a silicone grease to make it more slippery). 20’ turned out to be too long. 17’ is all I really needed. I have only used it once since replacing it. It worked fine. The only thing different is that I used regular stainless steel hose clamps. I don’t see that as being a big problem in the future though. My hose stores quite easily in the tray under the rig now. I think that it was too long before and that caused some difficulty when trying to get the whole hose back in.
Dcarm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 03:51 PM   #4

thanks Doug for you reply.
Flip is offline   Reply With Quote