Old 05-16-2019, 09:29 PM   #1

Default New Owner Macerator Question

I am still a newbie so have patience with me. I have a 2018 Midwest Weekend Sprinter. I have drained the black and gray tanks twice and both times I turn the open each tank turn on the macerator pump and within 10 minutes it gets to 1/3rd and then I wait for a half an hour and the light does not move off of the 1/3 full marking. I am sure there is a trick to this that I am not getting. Is there someone who knows the trick?

Danneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 02:57 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danneli View Post
I am still a newbie so have patience with me. I have a 2018 Midwest Weekend Sprinter. I have drained the black and gray tanks twice and both times I turn the open each tank turn on the macerator pump and within 10 minutes it gets to 1/3rd and then I wait for a half an hour and the light does not move off of the 1/3 full marking. I am sure there is a trick to this that I am not getting. Is there someone who knows the trick?
Welcome to the forum Danneli!

Not sure I understand your problem, but I hope you have not let your macerator pump run more than 3-4 minutes at a time (all it should take to empty your gray and black tanks). And I hope you never run it more than 10-15 seconds once thanks are emptied. The dumping fluid keeps the pump impeller lubricated and with out it, friction from heat can destroy the rubber impeller blades fairly easily.

Please tell me you haven't run your macerator pump for up to half an hour.

rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 03:02 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Here is the link to the Thetford Sani-con Macerator instructions. I believe other brands operate the same general way.

https://www.thetford.com/wp-content/...021811_EFS.pdf

I'd also suggest you refer to any manuals and/or call Midwest customer support.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 03:53 AM   #4
Gold Member

Tank sensors are notoriously unreliable. When emptying your tanks, the sound of the macerator pump will change when there is no more liquid passing through it. You need to listen for that & shut off the pump when it happens.