Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2023, 04:23 PM   #1
Silver Member

Default No propane coming up.

I have a full tank of propane but am not getting any at the stove top or fridge. What is blocking it. Going on vacation on Monday and I need help desperately.
dutchduo1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 05:36 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I assume main valve is on. After storage my LP takes a while to travel from main tank to stove and fridge. I assume that your water heater doesn't also start?
GallenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 06:55 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Maybe try this: ?
How to Reset an RV Pressure Regulator
Before you reset the regulator, it is important to understand that it has the same type of safety feature that a propane tank has. Inside the regulator, there is a little valve that will detect propane gas moving through the system too quickly. If it senses this, it will stop or slow the flow of propane. If the pressure regulator is restricting the flow of propane, you will see the symptoms mentioned above.

To reset a pressure regulator just turn off the propane tank, and make sure all of your propane appliances are off inside your RV. Wait a few minutes, and the pressure regulator will reset itself. Then turn the propane tank valve on extremely slowly to allow the lines to become appropriately pressurized. Once this is done, you can ignite a propane appliance, and it should work properly. If not, it may be time to get an RV propane regulator replacement.
DaveBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 06:58 PM   #4
Silver Member

Nope . I only have stovetop and fridge on propane but nothing work. Spent half hour trying to light it but nothing. Can the cold winter have anything to do with it.
Old 02-11-2023, 07:37 PM   #5
Platinum Member

No, I've camped in pretty cold weather. I'd look at the regulator as DaveBad recommends. Do the reset procedure and see if it helps.
Old 02-11-2023, 09:22 PM   #6
Silver Member

I tried it several times but it does not work.
Old 02-11-2023, 09:31 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchduo1990 View Post
I tried it several times but it does not work.
Most common problems is the regulator. They will tend to get gummed up with this brown oily substance. Take a good look at it. If the regulator is dated(10 yrs. or more), I would consider just replacing it.
Old 02-12-2023, 05:13 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlum View Post
Most common problems is the regulator. They will tend to get gummed up with this brown oily substance. Take a good look at it. If the regulator is dated(10 yrs. or more), I would consider just replacing it.
Also a good option. I replaced mine once on the PW. Was pretty easy to do. Mine was, however, leaking; not plugged up. Your PW location is probably different. Mine was: bleed line, disconnect flex hose to cabin; unscrew regulator from tank. Reverse for install. I think I also bought a new flex hose.

BTW: I found that the leak was at the regulator with a battery powered gas "sniffer." Also used this sniffer after I put in new regulator to check connections for leaks. I now carry a spare regulator just in case. The last one started leaking when we were camping and it caused an aborted trip.
Old 02-16-2023, 04:08 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchduo1990 View Post
Nope . I only have stovetop and fridge on propane but nothing work. Spent half hour trying to light it but nothing. Can the cold winter have anything to do with it.
Yes it sure can I'm in Canada and we sometimes run hot water on tanks to increase the pressure.
Georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 04:19 PM   #10

Could definitely be the regulator. I worked as an rv tech at Roadtrek factory and we needed to replace several new ones before sending the units out
Georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 09:56 PM   #11
Platinum Member

No one mentioned the propane tank valve. Mine was stuck open, but they can sometimes be stuck closed. Even though you are opening it and the handle feels free.
ChicagoTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 12:03 AM   #12
Silver Member

Default No propane coming up.

Thank you all, it was the regulator. Just replaced it and all is working.