Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2023, 11:02 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Who likes my new stuff

Who likes my new stuff
1.Who likes my new tray table?
It’s realy just a piece of wood I shoved under the TV cabinet. Plan to attach a piece of aluminum to hold wood in place yes it’s ghetto but good until I come up w/ another plan. Mite be like opposite side.

Plan to place the lap top on new table. Eventually I’ll have a small form factor PC inside cabinet an attach a nicer 12VDC TV where the current TV is

2 pass. Side tray table same size piece of wood w/ foldable surports.
3.home made night light green lamp.
4.seat cushion.
5.Chevy exhaust clamps on cylinders 7,8 and will also be 1.
I believe the broken bolts ruined my 02 sensor. I also believe the little leaking exhaust is contributing to my crummie fuel mileage which I'm keeping a close eye on.

6.leather steering wheel cover came off a GMC envoy an I sewed it on.
7. blind spot mirror.

8.fixed big pantry drawer in galley. The slide was detached due to imatation wood, I found it stuffed under drawer. now I need to figure out how the drawer above the big pantry drawer. I believe there is a middle slider but can't figure out how it attaches.
9.new victron argofed battery isolator.
I removed the 2nd physical alternater connection of start battery placed it on isolator post 2. post 1 is house battery. input is alternator, switched 12vdc and ground dune.
my house battery is 13vdc at battery an at isolator, start battery is 12.59vdc at isolator so I'm hoping I've resolved this issue.

I’m currently working on additional storage bin attached to my new ladder, bike rack and some other stuff.

I'm having fun fixing up this old girl.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tray table driver side.jpg (141.8 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg tray table.jpg (52.5 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg seat cushion.jpg (122.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg night lamp.jpg (74.5 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg leather steering wheel cover.jpg (269.5 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg blindspot mirror.jpg (237.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg victron battery isolator installed.jpg (86.2 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg exhaust repair clamp 8.jpg (108.5 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg pantry drawer lower slide.jpg (148.7 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg big drawer2.jpg (167.5 KB, 17 views)
Old 02-15-2023, 12:00 AM   #2
Platinum Member

The seats in my van are very comfortable for normal driving but my bottom stills gets very sore after a very long, all day driving trip. I need a good seat cushion for those days. The "cadillac" of seat cushions are made by Roho. They make air cushion seat pads for paraplegics and people confined to wheelchairs long term to prevent pressure skin ulcers. They also make similar seat cushions for truck drivers. They aren't cheap but they are worth their weight in gold for long trips. The do require careful set up to achieve proper support and comfort. I ended up buying 2 of them because my wife kept stealing my first one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1
jrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 01:09 AM   #3
Platinum Member

what type of seats do you have? the pleasureway seat isn't IMO a comfortable seat, (I don't like not being able to tilt and recline the closet is obstructing the recline) then again I'm used to conversion van seats.
I didn't spend much time on selecting a cushion,the $30. cushion I got is kindof hard and when I jump in it slides so I have to adjust.
it mite be good for long cruises, it's better than the seat alone.

I plan a nice conversion van seat in near future. or do you know of a more comfortable seat?
Old 02-15-2023, 01:24 AM   #4
Platinum Member

I have a Sprinter van and the seats are very good but it would be hard for me to sit on a Lazy Boy recliner for an 8-12 hour driving day without the Roho cushion. I also enjoy bow hunting and I even use my Roho cushion in my tree stand for long sitting sessions.

Seats are like mattresses and shoes in that everyone is different. When I test drove the Promaster van once I thought the seats were terrible. Other people must like them. I have never tried Chevy seats.
jrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 01:54 AM   #5
Platinum Member

do you have to inflate your cushion?

the cushion I have has relocated me higher in seat so now my elbos aren't egomocially (natrual seating position)on the arm rests, so I may have to compenstate the padding on elbo rests.

whoopies speaking of seats I forgot to mention my new sleeper sofas slip cover.

I added some 1 1/2" sponge under cover which got wet though that dam airconditioner last Saturday.

like what the heck am I suposed to drive up on elevation plates whereever I go it it mite rain. it's redickulous that it leaks though AC plan to ditch AC very soon.
Old 02-15-2023, 04:51 PM   #6
Platinum Member

think I'm gonna cruise around the block a few times to test out my new cushion an report back.

here's my new tray table shoved in.

BTW whats this stuff inside the TV cabinet? I think the small black box is a analog to digital converter. not sure about the larger silver box w/ a bunch of connections.

I'm ditching the roof top antenna maybe the silver box is part of the antenna sys.? thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TV cabinet slide table2.jpg (148.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg TV cabinet slide table.jpg (148.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg behind TV connections2.jpg (83.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg TV cabinet slide table extended.jpg (155.9 KB, 2 views)
Old 02-15-2023, 05:21 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Looks like you are having fun with your project. I assume you got your electrical stuff all figured out looking at the new isolator you have installed.
Old 02-16-2023, 02:45 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtFranz View Post
Looks like you are having fun with your project. I assume you got your electrical stuff all figured out looking at the new isolator you have installed.
yes having fun.
yes I was convinced GM stuff was cross connected w/ RV stuff thus the 2 connections at Alternator.it just took me a while to figure it out.
I now have it wired correctly.

start batt at isolator is 12.59vdc didn't mearsure start batt at start batt, house batt. at house batt & isolator is 13vdc.
I believe there susposed to e a slite differnce in the 2 batterys.

next electrical quickie project is a 12vdc socket mounted adjacent to the 120vac under TV cabinet. I power my lap top on my boat w/ a 12vdc brick power supply so will do the same in van.

the TV is always powered even w/ red key off. so I'll tap into that circuit for the 12vdc source.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12vdc socket.jpg (161.0 KB, 1 views)
Old 02-16-2023, 03:54 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBRAIN View Post
yes having fun.
yes I was convinced GM stuff was cross connected w/ RV stuff thus the 2 connections at Alternator.it just took me a while to figure it out.
I now have it wired correctly.

start batt at isolator is 12.59vdc didn't mearsure start batt at start batt, house batt. at house batt & isolator is 13vdc.
I believe there susposed to e a slite differnce in the 2 batterys.

next electrical quickie project is a 12vdc socket mounted adjacent to the 120vac under TV cabinet. I power my lap top on my boat w/ a 12vdc brick power supply so will do the same in van.

the TV is always powered even w/ red key off. so I'll tap into that circuit for the 12vdc source.

With an isolator you will always see a voltage difference across the battery connections. When the engine is running the isolator connects the coach to the charging source like the starting battery but the isolator drops about .7 volts or more though the diodes in it to the coach.

When you are not running the batteries are not connected so they are on there own and have been charged at different voltages so a difference shows up. After sitting, it matters on what loads have been running to discharge them over time and the condition of the batteries.

On using a 12v brick on the laptop. That will work certainly, but those bricks normally take as much power as using a small inverter and using the factory 110v brick. Especially on a laptop it makes sense as the brick is changing the 12vdc to 19vdc anyway. I did a lot of testing on the 12v accessory power running with adapters and found that an efficient PSW inverter and 110v connections did just as well on power use and you don't have a drawer full of 12 adapters for everything. We are in the process of getting rid of the 12v charging of things as they accessories are replaced. Most of those 12v adapters run very hot besides. The one we had for the laptop was scary and I had to be careful where I put it.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 04:41 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
With an isolator you will always see a voltage difference across the battery connections. When the engine is running the isolator connects the coach to the charging source like the starting battery but the isolator drops about .7 volts or more though the diodes in it to the coach.

Booster my friend I have been paying attention and taking notes on yours an others advice on power usage still got alot to learn but I'm getting there slowely but surely
the victron doesn't have power robbing diodes
I copy this from there sales pitch
in contrast with diode battery isolators, FET isolators have virtually no voltage loss. Voltage drop is less than 0.02-Volt at low current and averages 0.1-Volt at higher currents

didn't purchase here http://<br /> <br /> https://www.ama...U5X700J66&th=1
purchased from a victron dealer I've created an account for possibly some other stuff maybe upgraded converter
allready picked out my solar stuff will start a separate thread

When you are not running the batteries are not connected so they are on there own and have been charged at different voltages so a difference shows up. After sitting, it matters on what loads have been running to discharge them over time and the condition of the batteries.

once again you explain stuff an it makes alot of sense how doe's my voltages sound normal?

On using a 12v brick on the laptop. That will work certainly, but those bricks normally take as much power as using a small inverter and using the factory 110v brick. Especially on a laptop it makes sense as the brick is changing the 12vdc to 19vdc anyway. I did a lot of testing on the 12v accessory power running with adapters and found that an efficient PSW inverter and 110v connections did just as well on power use and you don't have a drawer full of 12 adapters for everything. We are in the process of getting rid of the 12v charging of things as they accessories are replaced. Most of those 12v adapters run very hot besides. The one we had for the laptop was scary and I had to be careful where I put it.
kindof dissapointing in the 12vdc brick power usage.
during extended weekends on my vessel I'm so busy I haven't really used the LT for more than one maybe 2 movies I can do that w/ the LTs internal battery then pull out the secondary internal battery the 12vdc brick is used only when both LTs batt. are dune. so I haven't used brick enough to notice the heat you mention. at least I've eliminated a inverter for a little entertainment.

edit: I also use the brick to recharge internal LT batt. while cruising in van. thanks for advice

edit2: I can't wait to fill the water tanks an start w/ the solar.
Old 02-16-2023, 04:47 PM   #11
Platinum Member

somehow above post was redacted
so I fill in the blanks

redact#1
Booster my friend I have been paying attention and taking notes on yours an others advice on power usage still got alot to learn but I'm getting there slowely but surely
the victron doesn't have power robbing diodes
I copy this from there sales pitch
in contrast with diode battery isolators, FET isolators have virtually no voltage loss. Voltage drop is less than 0.02-Volt at low current and averages 0.1-Volt at higher currents

didn't purchase here

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NT9MTMQ/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_3?smid=A21C4U5X700J66&th=1[/url]
purchased from a victron dealer I've created an account for possibly some other stuff maybe upgraded converter
allready picked out my solar stuff will start a separate thread
redact2
once again you explain stuff an it makes alot of sense how doe's my voltages sound normal
Old 02-16-2023, 04:57 PM   #12
Platinum Member

I think it is a Victron verbology thing. Normally, I think most of us would say say that an isolator would have diodes and use the term separator or automatic charge relay for anything that doesn't. Both of the later don't lose voltage.

Personally I would call that a separator or maybe a charge relay.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote