Old 02-17-2018, 11:06 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Pleasure-Way

I just wanted to start a general thread on this company. As an internet shopper who has gone to all the local RV shows, I have to say Iím really enamored by this company. I researched their history, downloaded all their brochures, read them going back 5 years and watched all the YouTube videos on their channel. And finally got to see the plateau FL and Lexor TS.

By the way, YouTube is a fantastic shopping tool. Bit doesnít replace actually going into RVs and eventually test driving them, but itís a huge advantage for learning the details and evaluating a lot of RVs you might not have known about.

Iím really impressed with their construction methodology, and I believe (including looking first hand at models from everybody) nobody is close (except maybe Leisure Travel, but alas they donít make Bs anymore.)

So I wanted to say, anyone shopping should check out the Pleasure Way YouTube videos for the Plateau XLMB and Plateau FL.

Iím personally interested in the Lexor FL. (Its new, not on their website but some are on dealer lotsó they remove the small wardrobe in front of the bathroom and relocate it to the back over the passenger side ottomanó which moves the TV back further. This is a double win for me- TV further back plus a work area up front.)

So anyone who has owned a Pleasure Way want to share their experiences? Anyone run into trouble with them? If you switched away, what made you switch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technomadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 11:09 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Also some info I gatheredó the dealer in Lakeland Florida keeps one of each PW model in stock and then sells people on them and special orders them.

PW uses a stall based approach rather than the assembly line which means one person builds the entire interior of your coach cabinetry (or a crasmftsman and an apprentice) and they work on one model at a time for years.

So their capacity is limited.

They make about 8 XLA type a month and 60 vans.

Old 02-18-2018, 01:16 AM   #3
Platinum Member

I have a 92 Pleasure Way. Built the same way they still do today. Everything is solid and the only thing that squeaks is the bathroom door because of the latch. Love it and one day I'll look at upgrading, but my current van offers me everything I need and will last for many more years.
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 02:20 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technomadness View Post
I just wanted to start a general thread on this company. As an internet shopper who has gone to all the local RV shows, I have to say Iím really enamored by this company. I researched their history, downloaded all their brochures, read them going back 5 years and watched all the YouTube videos on their channel. And finally got to see the plateau FL and Lexor TS.

By the way, YouTube is a fantastic shopping tool. Bit doesnít replace actually going into RVs and eventually test driving them, but itís a huge advantage for learning the details and evaluating a lot of RVs you might not have known about.

Iím really impressed with their construction methodology, and I believe (including looking first hand at models from everybody) nobody is close (except maybe Leisure Travel, but alas they donít make Bs anymore.)

So I wanted to say, anyone shopping should check out the Pleasure Way YouTube videos for the Plateau XLMB and Plateau FL.

Iím personally interested in the Lexor FL. (Its new, not on their website but some are on dealer lotsó they remove the small wardrobe in front of the bathroom and relocate it to the back over the passenger side ottomanó which moves the TV back further. This is a double win for me- TV further back plus a work area up front.)

So anyone who has owned a Pleasure Way want to share their experiences? Anyone run into trouble with them? If you switched away, what made you switch?

Excellent build quality. However, I've got two reservations regarding Pleasureway:

Generator. There is no option for an underhood generator & inverter to replace the Onan dinosaur.

Warranty. It's for five years which is generous but it isn't transferable to a second owner so for any used PW you buy, you pay all the freight for repair work. Also, even for the first owner, after the appliance warranties expire, PW doesn't pick up the protection til the end of the five year period like Roadtrek does. However, that said it's still better protection than provided by WGO or Coachmen.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 07:45 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruceper View Post
I have a 92 Pleasure Way. Built the same way they still do today. Everything is solid and the only thing that squeaks is the bathroom door because of the latch. Love it and one day I'll look at upgrading, but my current van offers me everything I need and will last for many more years.

Thatís over 25 years! Very impressive!

Old 02-18-2018, 04:34 PM   #6
Bronze Member

Cruising7388 has nailed it. I think the PW products are amazing. They really stand out in person. If they'd get rid of the generator, and add a second underhood alternator, I'd buy one tomorrow. I don't need voltstart. I don't need cutting edge/untested technology. But getting rid of that generator is a must for me. Oh well, time will tell.
JakeyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 11:44 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeyLee View Post
Cruising7388 has nailed it. I think the PW products are amazing. They really stand out in person. If they'd get rid of the generator, and add a second underhood alternator, I'd buy one tomorrow. I don't need voltstart. I don't need cutting edge/untested technology. But getting rid of that generator is a must for me. Oh well, time will tell.

Seems like an easy modification you could make yourself. Iím not a big fan of generators but itís worth the weight for emergency use in my opinion.

Old 02-19-2018, 12:08 AM   #8

I liked the build quality. But they all look like Vegas bordellos. Give me 4X4 and no microwave and more utility.
Mofrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:08 PM   #9

Default Underhood alternator added to a PleasureWay?

I'm in a similar position. really like the PW, but intensely dislike the generator. (Noisy, weight, one more thing to break etc.)
Has anyone swapped out the generator for a 2nd under-the-hood alternator? I'm not sure if you can if the mounting bracket wasn't ordered with the fan or if would be cost effective.
joelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:42 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technomadness View Post
Seems like an easy modification you could make yourself. Iím not a big fan of generators but itís worth the weight for emergency use in my opinion.
I wouldn't describe it as easy but it's been done by some members. You need to delete the existing separator and route 3/0 or 4/0 cable back to the batteries and integrate it with the converter. I think the brackets can be ordered from Mercedes.

No question that emergency power is valuable but IMO the Onan is less dependable than a second alternator and an inverter. Also, for a diesel power coach, for longer than brief periods, the Onan will have to be a really expensive diesel version (around $7.5k because an LPG Onan won't run very long on the amount of propane typically carried in a B

cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote