Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2020, 08:59 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Retiring an Onan 2.8

I purchase a 1995 Roadtrek 4 years agoThe generator had 90 hours on the meter. It ran but not well. But then it stopped generatng AC power. Cumins in Indianapolis diagnosed a n open in the rotor. I had the rotor rewound in Chigago and reassembled. It ran for while but then while running there was a pop ann no more spark. Back to Cumins, this time they severely damaged rotor shaft and some thing in the stator. They declared the generator dead. I now have a couple boxes of parts which are available in Richmond Indiana, if there is any interest. At the end the meter was at 110 hours .Contact me through the forum or by email at les.m.hunt@gmail.com Thanks for your input 95Pop210
95Pop210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 11:17 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95Pop210 View Post
I purchase a 1995 Roadtrek 4 years agoThe generator had 90 hours on the meter. It ran but not well. But then it stopped generatng AC power. Cumins in Indianapolis diagnosed a n open in the rotor. I had the rotor rewound in Chigago and reassembled. It ran for while but then while running there was a pop ann no more spark. Back to Cumins, this time they severely damaged rotor shaft and some thing in the stator. They declared the generator dead. I now have a couple boxes of parts which are available in Richmond Indiana, if there is any interest. At the end the meter was at 110 hours .Contact me through the forum or by email at les.m.hunt@gmail.com Thanks for your input 95Pop210
Sorry to hear of your problems. Yours is but one of many tales of woe regarding generator problems. Most are not as severe and most (after spending the amount you probably have) at least end with a running generator.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 12:05 AM   #3
Bronze Member

The generator is gone all parts used or trashed.
95Pop210 is offline   Reply With Quote