Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2015, 03:38 PM   #121
Platinum Member

Good point on the development and testing budgets. I think Roadtrek shoots themselves in the foot in regards to that process. They spend so much time and effort extolling the amount time, money, testing, that have gone into the new systems that folks probably do expect them to be better than is really justified by reality. If you tell folks it will be perfect and to trust that it will, many folks will expect it to be.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 04:32 PM   #122
Platinum Member

i think we are all agreed that if we were rolling out a new system we would be communicating with mumkin,keeping her up to date,instead of her having to chase them.

they may be having issues-or not-but it seems to me they would want to keep her happy and quiet
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 04:51 PM   #123
Platinum Member

We customers have to take some of the responsibility here, too. When JH came out with the Ecotrek announcements, there were immediate messages to the effect of "I love that", "I'll be buying one", "Put me on the order list", "Can this all be retrofitted into my VW Westfalia", etc. Without a shred of evidence that the whole system worked.

Without meaning to be critical of Mummy here specifically, who in their right mind would want to be in the first few deliveries of such a complex system. Heck, Boeing couldn't roll out their 787 without "issues" -- why expect RT to be able to?

That said, I agree that RT has not handled this situation to either their or their customer's benefit.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:03 PM   #124
Platinum Member

Because in every new thing someone has to be first. I had the first Advanced RV ecOasis lithium ion actual build but was the third out the door. I've been well taken care of.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 05:08 PM   #125
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by obgraham View Post
We customers have to take some of the responsibility here, too. When JH came out with the Ecotrek announcements, there were immediate messages to the effect of "I love that", "I'll be buying one", "Put me on the order list", "Can this all be retrofitted into my VW Westfalia", etc. Without a shred of evidence that the whole system worked.

Without meaning to be critical of Mummy here specifically, who in their right mind would want to be in the first few deliveries of such a complex system. Heck, Boeing couldn't roll out their 787 without "issues" -- why expect RT to be able to?

That said, I agree that RT has not handled this situation to either their or their customer's benefit.
Too much Facebook Kool-aid?
Old 09-03-2015, 05:15 PM   #126
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
Too much Facebook Kool-aid?
Booster is right on this-etrek took a while to get right-not realistic thinking this would be perfect right out of the gate.

Silly me
Old 09-03-2015, 05:16 PM   #127
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
Because in every new thing someone has to be first. I had the first Advanced RV ecoOasis lithium ion actual build but was the third out the door. I've been well taken care of.
Davydd-did you have any growing pains with your system?
Old 09-03-2015, 10:29 PM   #128
Platinum Member

For whatever their reasoning, they are still ignoring me. So... last communication was Tuesday morning. I have called them and left voicemails with no response at all.

The dealer also called them this afternoon, and they also haven't got a call back.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 10:38 PM   #129
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
For whatever their reasoning, they are still ignoring me. So... last communication was Tuesday morning. I have called them and left voicemails with no response at all.

The dealer also called them this afternoon, and they also haven't got a call back.
Circling the wagons?

There is absolutely no excuse for no response. When it comes to pushing new stuff and selling they are all over the place, where are they all now?

Even if they don't know how to fix it, they need to contact you and let you know when things will happen. You have already changed your plans. What is the dealer saying about all this?
Old 09-04-2015, 12:22 AM   #130
Platinum Member

They are as helpless in this as I am if RT won't return our calls. I haven't yet talked to the owner of the dealership, but that is probably my next step.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
Old 09-04-2015, 01:27 AM   #131
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
Because in every new thing someone has to be first. I had the first Advanced RV ecOasis lithium ion actual build but was the third out the door. I've been well taken care of.
To me your situation is different: you have a one-off custom built rig. Naturally you will have a different relationship with the builder than from a mass market builder. Presumably that's one of the reasons you bought there.

I thought getting my ETrek a year after they were first produced was adventurous enough. I wouldn't want to be in the first few of anything.
Old 09-04-2015, 02:58 AM   #132
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by obgraham View Post
To me your situation is different: you have a one-off custom built rig. Naturally you will have a different relationship with the builder than from a mass market builder. Presumably that's one of the reasons you bought there.

I thought getting my ETrek a year after they were first produced was adventurous enough. I wouldn't want to be in the first few of anything.
I have no different relationship than any other Advanced RV customer. They have all been treated extremely well. I bought there for two reasons. I could recognize unmatched quality and I could get about as close to what I wanted as I desired that absolutely no one else could provide.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 01:36 PM   #133
Platinum Member

I know people at roadtrek read my posts here and sometimes i get snarked at the roadtrekkers forum.

But please. mumkin(connie) needs help and some reassurance. at least contact her.
Old 09-04-2015, 02:58 PM   #134
Platinum Member

Meanwhile, Hammil is getting raving praise for getting a guy a sofa cable that had been turned down by Roadtrek as a warranty claim (incorrectly? or correctly?), while someone who is banned from their site (and maybe minds) that paid big bucks for a new Roadtrek can't even get a call back. Thank goodness we have the class b forum where folks can actually speak their mind without the threats of banishment, so we all can learn and share things.

I think the "drink the Kool-aid, or else" is getting more true every day, and possibly the "naughty list" besides.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:41 PM   #135
Platinum Member

We have progress. I managed to get the tech on the phone, and it has apparently been a bigger issue than expected. The re-programming and testing should be done by next week and the plan is to ship me a new battery and the local tech will merely have to do a switch out. The key for me is that if the battery shuts down for some reason, I can keep functioning with the generator and/or plugging in. So, that is one of the main fixes they are focusing on. Computers are the bane and the joy of our existence these days... I do appreciate his hard work and this has probably been even more frustrating for him than for me.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
Old 09-04-2015, 03:45 PM   #136
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
We have progress. I managed to get the tech on the phone, and it has apparently been a bigger issue than expected. The re-programming and testing should be done by next week and the plan is to ship me a new battery and the local tech will merely have to do a switch out. The key for me is that if the battery shuts down for some reason, I can keep functioning with the generator and/or plugging in. So, that is one of the main fixes they are focusing on. Computers are the bane and the joy of our existence these days... I do appreciate his hard work and this has probably been even more frustrating for him than for me.
excellent-i hope it works out-the question is though-did the battery actually die?
Old 09-04-2015, 04:27 PM   #137
Platinum Member

That is great news to hear! Hopefully, they will get you on the road soon.
Old 09-04-2015, 04:45 PM   #138
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51 View Post
the question is though-did the battery actually die?
Or, is this just their method of distributing the software patch?

I am still very curious to know what, exactly, runs the software they are fixing.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 05:43 PM   #139
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
Or, is this just their method of distributing the software patch?

I am still very curious to know what, exactly, runs the software they are fixing.
I would guess whatever they are doing to fix it will never, ever, be known to anyone outside the fortress, as that might somehow imply weakness or lack of expertise.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:47 PM   #140
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
I would guess whatever they are doing to fix it will never, ever, be known to anyone outside the fortress, as that might somehow imply weakness or lack of expertise.
I of course disagree-as long as it's fixed. i will now wait for more users before i think of upgrading.

there are 3 more people due to get ecotreks shortly that post on roadtrekker facebook