Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2015, 10:43 AM   #1
Gold Member

Send a message via Yahoo to mass59k
Default Winnebago Travato thread here

Could we start talking info on the G and K models here???

We just got our 2016 K and are putting it to the test for a Nova Scotia trip in a few weeks. Had faulty propane valve..getting it back today. Anyone had issues so far????
Wayne in Mass
Old 06-10-2015, 06:44 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

Wrong forum mass59k. This is the B+ forum. Hopefully the mods will move it

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 11:04 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Moved - I'm not a mod but my login still has some admin type abilities for the time being.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 12:15 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Finally saw 59k Saturday.Liked just about everything about it .Microwave could have been in upper cabinet and the Promaster paint job was uneven.First half of van on drivers side was lighter shade of silver than back half.Lovely cabinets and open feel.Beds were perfect for us.We were pretty much left alone so we could really get comfortable and really visualize using it including kicking our shoes off and laying in the beds.So sad when people buy a class b then find out they can't stand sleeping in it. We also saw the ERA slide out model and we both agree that we don't want to build a bed every time we want a nap or sleep at night.I predict a lot of people will regret that decision.
stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 01:22 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanw909 View Post
Finally saw 59k Saturday.Liked just about everything about it .Microwave could have been in upper cabinet and the Promaster paint job was uneven.First half of van on drivers side was lighter shade of silver than back half.Lovely cabinets and open feel.Beds were perfect for us.We were pretty much left alone so we could really get comfortable and really visualize using it including kicking our shoes off and laying in the beds.So sad when people buy a class b then find out they can't stand sleeping in it. We also saw the ERA slide out model and we both agree that we don't want to build a bed every time we want a nap or sleep at night.I predict a lot of people will regret that decision.
Glad you like it. The beds really are the selling point of the 59k.

The Era 70C is the best floor plan of any class B by a wide margin. The only problem is it's on a Sprinter, which is too narrow for a transverse bed without using the slide out. If I could have that floor plan in a Promaster I would have bought one. Instead I have to build my own.

Class B's should have convertible furniture and multi-use spaces.
Jostalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 02:10 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jostalli View Post
Glad you like it. The beds really are the selling point of the 59k.

The Era 70C is the best floor plan of any class B by a wide margin. The only problem is it's on a Sprinter, which is too narrow for a transverse bed without using the slide out. If I could have that floor plan in a Promaster I would have bought one. Instead I have to build my own.

Class B's should have convertible furniture and multi-use spaces.
Getting off subject here, but the 70C is the slowest selling ERA by a wide margin.
Might as well buy a small class C if you are going to turn your B into a C every night

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 02:22 AM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobojay View Post
Getting off subject here, but the 70C is the slowest selling ERA by a wide margin.
Might as well buy a small class C if you are going to turn your B into a C every night
Apologies for the drift. The deal breaker for most potential buyers according to a dealer I spoke with was the fact that there was nowhere to sleep unless the slide is out. Class C's are fully functional with the slides in.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:54 AM   #8
Platinum Member

I like the twin beds in the center with a rear dry bath the best. However, the way the 59K does it I didnt like.

I prefer the beds to be on rollers so they convert in to a bigger bed if needed and have proper seat backs to use as day time seating. They decided against that. So theres really no place to comfortably sit when not laying in bed. Unless you wanna sit in the front seats you already sat in all day. And theres no good table options up front to eat. Could get a portable, but its another thing to bring.
mrshowtime3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 03:08 AM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshowtime3 View Post
I like the twin beds in the center with a rear dry bath the best. However, the way the 59K does it I didnt like.

I prefer the beds to be on rollers so they convert in to a bigger bed if needed and have proper seat backs to use as day time seating. They decided against that. So theres really no place to comfortably sit when not laying in bed. Unless you wanna sit in the front seats you already sat in all day. And theres no good table options up front to eat. Could get a portable, but its another thing to bring.
I agree in that there is no place to hang out in the 59k. I only use my bed to sleep in and don't want to sit in bed all day. In my apartment I have a sofa bed because I think normal beds take up too much space. This problem is multiplied in a class B. I don't get these vans with the twin beds in back and no normal seating besides the two chassis seats. I much prefer the dinette in the 59g, or a rear sofa bed in the sprinters. The least important thing to me is the beds, but I am able to sleep on anything. I want space to sit - not in bed.
eurovanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 03:10 AM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurovanman View Post
I agree in that there is no place to hang out in the 59k. I only use my bed to sleep in and don't want to sit in bed all day. In my apartment I have a sofa bed because I think normal beds take up too much space. This problem is multiplied in a class B. I don't get these vans with the twin beds in back and no normal seating besides the two chassis seats. I much prefer the dinette in the 59g, or a rear sofa bed in the sprinters. The least important thing to me is the beds, but I am able to sleep on anything. I want space to sit - not in bed.
Completely agree.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:22 AM   #11
Platinum Member

Quote:
And All they needed to do was make it converting twin beds like most other Bs do in that layout. Both beds on rollers like a sofa bed. I feel like they dropped the ball there.

Another spot they fall short is the bathroom. Rear bath is what I want. But I want it because it usually means dry bath. Here we have a odd wet bath with a awful curtain setup that must be used to shower. Not well thought out. And there looks to be room back there for a proper dry bath.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:39 AM   #12
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshowtime3 View Post
And All they needed to do was make it converting twin beds like most other Bs do in that layout. Both beds on rollers like a sofa bed. I feel like they dropped the ball there.

Another spot they fall short is the bathroom. Rear bath is what I want. But I want it because it usually means dry bath. Here we have a odd wet bath with a awful curtain setup that must be used to shower. Not well thought out. And there looks to be room back there for a proper dry bath.
Although it seems like these thing are not well thought out, they are on a fast track to a new style of american RV. I admire the fact that Winnebago is evolving fast and although these vans may not be perfect, they are way better for the price than what we had a couple of years ago. I think that Youtube and the sharing of all the European Rv's is spurring the market here in the US. Finally we are getting the quality and technology along with a fair price.
eurovanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 04:20 AM   #13
Platinum Member

I think the 59K beds are fine. For day time use you should be able through the use of pillows convert them to couches.

As far as tables, don't seem that hard to mount a table between the beds or in the front of the van.
tbirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 02:12 PM   #14
Platinum Member

Quote:
Although it seems like these thing are not well thought out, they are on a fast track to a new style of american RV. I admire the fact that Winnebago is evolving fast and although these vans may not be perfect, they are way better for the price than what we had a couple of years ago. I think that Youtube and the sharing of all the European Rv's is spurring the market here in the US. Finally we are getting the quality and technology along with a fair price.
O i agree with that. Werent people saying you could get this for about 70k at shows? I mean, thats just amazing value in comparison to the other offerings on the market.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:16 PM   #15
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbirdman View Post
I think the 59K beds are fine. For day time use you should be able through the use of pillows convert them to couches.

As far as tables, don't seem that hard to mount a table between the beds or in the front of the van.
But then you are storing pillows and a separate table in a small space. I mean, those type of things dont seem like a big deal but you have a limited area. For two people I guess the bed setup may be half decent. But having really no real eating or work space is a deal killer for a lot of younger people like me who need to be able to work on the computer comfortably.
Old 06-11-2015, 05:20 PM   #16
Platinum Member

But on plans like the Zion you still need to store the table and back cushions when you want to sleep. It would be so easy to set up a table that could be used in the front or back. Why not two tables. You can store easily at least one under the passenger side bed as I saw in a video a RV dealer was able to fit a portable solar panel case under that same bed.

For a few tradeoffs, the 59K Travato brings to the party what the others don't which is an usable bathroom. I could even live with the 59G even though I think upfront is too crowded. For around $70K, both 59G and 59K have great great value.

I was not impressed with the Zion when I saw it. The only think I would like from the Zion is the engine generator. The ERAs bathrooms are too small. The Pleasureways although nice are too expensive. I'm not into for paying for nice cabinetry.

I just wish these Bs would figure out a way to get bigger holding tanks. For me as a single it's not an issue as I can probably go a week using water conservation before dumping.

Of course others will and do have other opinions.
tbirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 05:36 PM   #17
Platinum Member

We sit outside most of the day when camped. Really liked the up front seats and small tables that appear and disappear quickly so you don't have to haul a big table around(ours sits in garage awaiting the next owner). Wife really likes lounging on bed to read in our current rig. Incidentally, our current rig is the exact same floorplan as the 59k in 96 Dodge form. Perfect for us but 59k is much more perfect.
Old 06-11-2015, 05:58 PM   #18
Platinum Member

You hit the nail on the head. My issue with the 59K is that it has very little work space. I want to be able to have my laptop out, set it aside, grab something to eat, then leave the laptop on the table if I want to to take a nap.

The 59G is a lot better in this department, although it is nowhere near as open feeling as the 59K. However, having space to sit and flip out the table extension is a nice thing.

I wonder about a floorplan type I saw on one of the UK motorhome vids. It only works with the Ducato/ProMaster because of the added van width. Something similar to the Safari Condo plan where one sleeps width-wide on the bed, except that the bathroom is configured to have an aisle shower (but a tambour door similar to the 59G's bathroom door going around.) The nice thing about this type of floor plan is that it gives a nice open feeling, as well as plenty of storage underneath.
mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 07:43 PM   #19
Platinum Member

59g is an excellent rv but you will end up in those front chairs eventually if you want to use the TV because you can't see it from the dinette. I suppose you could watch from the ottoman. My advice is to sit in both for a long time and go through the motions of how you would use it. One definite advantage of 59g is that you can bring two more people along and that could be nice.
Old 06-11-2015, 07:52 PM   #20
Platinum Member

Isn't it great to have options ?