Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2017, 11:46 AM   #1
Gold Member

Thumbs up Custom Made Neoprene Seat Covers

FINALLY! My new Neoprene seat covers arrived!! They look and feel great. I have been on the quest for about 5 months, since I hate sitting on the leather seats. The first manufacturer an outfit out of Los Angeles who does business under the name “King of Seat Covers” strung me along for almost 3 ½ months and delivered nothing! They required payment up front $220.00, promised delivery in 4 – 6 weeks; after 3 ½ months nothing… they stopped answering emails, phone calls and all communications. Thank God that I paid with PayPal and after presenting my email threads to PayPal/Discover, they reversed the charges. I would stay away from these folks at all costs! They proudly hold an “F” rating from the BBB in Los Angeles, CA and have ratings on Yelp that indicated similar actions with other customers. I must admit, I failed to do my due diligence on these nefarious vendors beforehand. My bad, it will never happen again.

Saddleman on the other hand produced a terrific product for a few dollars more and delivered in a timely manner beating their estimated delivery date. The only issue I had upon delivery, was that there were no cut outs for the exterior arm rests on the seat covers for both seats. As luck would have it, the seat covers did have a long rectangular cut out on the exterior side, I am assuming to accommodate for side seat mounted air bags. With some fennecs, perseverance and a few choice words, I was able to secure the seat cover around the exterior arm rest. Although not 100% perfect it is 98% functional and aesthetically acceptable.

I contacted Saddleman immediately reference the issue and was instructed to dry fit the covers, mark the area where the missing arm hole should be and send them back at their expense for modification. Only remaining problem was that I was short two arm rest covers. Without skipping a beat the rep, Guy, said he would have two made and sent out at no charge. I agreed to this arrangement as I did not want to get into a shipping back and forth process to have them moded. I think they look great and if you did not know about the in house modification, you’d be none the wiser.

Takeaway’s: Saddleman produces a great product and stands behind their work without quibbling. I received real people support the first time and each and every time I called. Pricing was competitive to the original non producing manufacturer ($240.00 vice $220.00). Make sure you do your due diligence before ordering and always pay with a card/method that offers some type of product protection. And the hardest lesson that I learned after all these years on earth, never, ever, let pricing be the sole discriminating factor!

Contact info is Best Quality Custom Fit Car Seat Covers | Saddleman, 973-812-8820. I placed my order with Pat ( patrickc@aii-usa.com ) but he was on vacation when this issued transpired so I collaborated with Guy ( guyh@aii-usa.com ) on the resolution issue. Both gentlemen were FANTASTIC to work with and focused on making sure I was satisfied.

The attached pictures depict the seat covers dry-fitted but not fully secured. You be the judge. To put your mind at ease, I am not financially affiliated with this organization nor have I received compensation for this review.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Slide1.JPG (107.2 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg Slide2.JPG (107.2 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Slide3.JPG (75.0 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg Slide4.JPG (100.7 KB, 39 views)

Blessed with way more than I deserve.
Shore-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 05:22 PM   #2
Platinum Member

How are they for comfort, breath ability, especially regards wet clammy feel.
Deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 06:27 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Glad you got them......smooth travels await. Ron
Old 08-18-2017, 11:30 PM   #4
Gold Member

Not much butt time yet, but (no pun intended) I have similar covers over my wife's leather seats and we love them. Keeps the leather looking new and repels stains. Can be spot cleaned while installed. For our application they work well. Highly endorse this product. Best. Shorty sends...

Old 08-18-2017, 11:36 PM   #5
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
As stated we have Neoprene covers on our 2012 Rav4 and so far these covers are AWESOME! Although the ones on the RAV4 are from a major name brand made out of Hawaii, both covers protect the leather seats and provide a comfortable ride. Try them you'll like them and so will your wallet! Best. Shorty sends..

Old 08-25-2017, 11:44 AM   #6
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
Hi Deano, hope you are well. To follow up with you, I just got back from a six day trip through Arkansas, Mississippi, and Louisiana. The seat covers worked great through out. I ran with the AC off for hours at a time and the comfort remained unchanged. It was hot, most days it was in the mid 90's. I did have a small accident when I spilled a bottle of water, but in a few hours the seat was dry again. I also did not notice a "clammy feel." Hope this helps. Travel safe, enjoy the ride. Best. Shorty sends...

P/S the patio light that you recommended came in yesterday and it was a direct fit. Appears to have been made but he same Company. Regrettably, one of the bottom notches on the cover was cracked. I have made contact with the seller and they are being very responsive. Thanks for that tip.