Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2018, 04:42 PM   #1

Default Travato 59K mods - what have you done?

Hi, I'm new to the forum and am having a hard time on searching (will only show me a thread for example with 52 pages, not specific posts related to my search, and every separate search using different terms I have to prove I'm not a robot by clicking through multiple image recognition pages), so I apologize if this is covered, I really did try to find it before posting.

I'm considering the 59KL, but the main thing I don't like is the bed conversion assembly to a queen/king with the long table and extra cushions. I'm wishing it could be something like a metal futon on one of the beds, where you just kinda pull up and out on the frame and it is hinged and flattens into a bed that extends out to meet the other, and the back pillows would fill the void near the window. To put away, you would pull up on it from the end (since you can't stand in front of once t's extended) and maybe kind of work your way to stand in front/center, and it slides back up. Most futons have an angle, they are not 90 degree for the bottom and side and not parallel to floor, but I'm not worried about having that, if those extra angles would make it more difficult.

Just need a much easier way to make it a flat bed.

I am a sprawler and use a lot of pillows and I know I will lose all of them to the gap if I don't extend and it's too unwieldly to do every night. If i could make it easy, I think the layout would be the best for me.

I am not set on this one idea for conversion, just thinking that it was the easiest way in the past I've made a sofa into a bed.

Any thoughts on this? Or another simple way to accomplish this. I in no way could even start to do this myself, but would like to know from those of you are inclined toward mods think this would be possible without causing other major problems. I'm happy to lose the back tilting headrest for reading in bed. If the bottom could lift up from the under bed storage would be better to access that, but may need to take the mattress off to do it, I'm okay with ungainly access to the underbed storage.

Thanks for any ideas. Also any other simple mods listed here would be great, I am hoping I am close to what I want with the base model.
Eleanor Rigby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, modification, travato 59k