Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2021, 12:29 AM   #1
wjl

Default WANTED: 19 & newer LEXOR TS

I am looking for a 19 or newer LEXOR TS. Low mileage. Something that is still under warranty.
wjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 02:16 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjl View Post
I am looking for a 19 or newer LEXOR TS. Low mileage. Something that is still under warranty.

Welcome to the forum wjl!

Try perusing rvtrader.com or google rv sales sites.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 03:19 AM   #3
Silver Member

Please note that such a coach will have the remainder of the Promaster 3 yr/36,000 mile vehicle warranty, and possibly some warranty left on some of the appliances. There will be NO warranty on the rest of the coach; PleasureWay warranties are NOT transferable, and are only in place for 5 years to the original owner, no matter how long it was owned or driven. I confirmed this with the factory rep at an RV show last year.
mtmdatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 04:27 PM   #4
Bronze Member

The last post is correct - I actually called PW in Saskatoon Canada when we were previously looking at buying one of their models used...and that is what they said. That being said, they are well built units and if the owner took care of any warranty repairs - you should be alright.
DesertCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 12:08 AM   #5
Bronze Member

If it eases your mind any, I have a 2017 Lexor, bought new in late 2016, and I have had only one coach warranty problem--the curtain track between coach and cockpit was missing a stop. PW sent me a new track, but I could have taken care of it myself in 10 minutes or so, without the new part. The coach [EDIT--chassis] has been very reliable as well, except for three recalls, which were taken care of by my RAM dealer at no cost to me.

Bottom line--though I had a coach warranty, I didn't need it.
lmittell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 11:37 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjl View Post
Purchased a 2016 PW Lexor TS. in 2018. Considered an extended warranty for it. Never did purchase it. Most o FB PW forum will recommend against it. I agree. Save the money for repairs if necessary. I did not have any issues with PW build.

I replaced the propane regulator, battery separator, etc. Small repair items, nothing major. Learned a lot about camper vans. Upgraded battery bank, solar controller, air conditioner, etc. Some done by rv technicians and myself. If you do not mind getting your hands dirty, it can be done. Just be patient and do some research on FB forum and You tube.

Best of luck!
Rlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 04:21 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlum View Post
Purchased a 2016 PW Lexor TS. in 2018. Considered an extended warranty for it. Never did purchase it. Most o FB PW forum will recommend against it. I agree. Save the money for repairs if necessary. I did not have any issues with PW build.

I replaced the propane regulator, battery separator, etc. Small repair items, nothing major. Learned a lot about camper vans. Upgraded battery bank, solar controller, air conditioner, etc. Some done by rv technicians and myself. If you do not mind getting your hands dirty, it can be done. Just be patient and do some research on FB forum and You tube.
Ditto. We bought a '16 Lexor in '19. Factory warranties are only as good as finding a suitable repair facility. Our PW authorized service center is 2-1/2 hours from where we live, so I probably would not have used it even if it was transferrable. Fixing things when they go bad gives me the opportunity to understand the RV better and make improvements, but for sure DIY isn't for everyone. Lots of people buy new cars every 3 years so every problem is covered. I usually am in line to buy those cars when they trade them in.

That said, like RLUM, or PW has been very reliable.