Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2023, 05:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
Finding a small RV is pretty impossible. I gave up on commercial rigs and bought the smallest Promaster that I can stand in... the 1500 that is 16 feet long... and had Colorado Campers convert it for me. It actually went very well. But I wanted to keep it simple... no plumbing or propane.

Your Rize is, of course, a clone of the Hymer/Carado Axion, that EGHNA produced with the addition of Thor "quality" (or lack thereof). Basically the cabinetry looks better inside, but avoid looking too closely. lol I pondered purchasing an Axion and pulling out the galley side stuff and expanding it more into the door space. My first rig, the GWV, was a side sofa and rear bath and it was probably my favorite for the single traveler.

With my Simplicity SRT, I had 2 Group 31s and 270w of solar, I could go indefinitely running the fan, fridge, lights, and charge electronics. Even with less solar, I would think you could do the same... with the much smaller fridge. Of course, this excludes using the AC and running a microwave.

It sounds like you are making it all work for you. Enjoy!!
I was looking a the Carado also and noticed the similarities, wonder if the quality is better than the Thor, but I was turned off by the dark cabinetry in the coach.
JuancaD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
18m, promaster, rize, thor