Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2021, 12:56 AM   #1

Default 2010 C190P power bed wiring

I have removed the power bed and replaced it with permanent twin beds. I would like to use the old wiring for an accessary socket located where the current switch is. There are two white wires coming out of the wall - one for up and one for down motion. The switch has five wires on it - a Black one which is the hot wire, two white wires that go to the couch/bed and a red and a green wire. My question is what are these two wires and where do they go? I would presume the black wire goes to the circuit breaker but have no idea where the green and red wires go. Anyone have a wiring diagram or know where to get one? Or what rating the circuit breaker is and where it is located? Thanks...
John
Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 02:36 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caps View Post
I have removed the power bed and replaced it with permanent twin beds. I would like to use the old wiring for an accessary socket located where the current switch is. There are two white wires coming out of the wall - one for up and one for down motion. The switch has five wires on it - a Black one which is the hot wire, two white wires that go to the couch/bed and a red and a green wire. My question is what are these two wires and where do they go? I would presume the black wire goes to the circuit breaker but have no idea where the green and red wires go. Anyone have a wiring diagram or know where to get one? Or what rating the circuit breaker is and where it is located? Thanks...
John
Welcome to the forum Caps!

I don't have a Roadtrek, but many here do, so I'm sure someone will be able to answer your wire color question.

In the meantime, find your power box and see if any fuses are labled "bed" to see what amp the fuse the circuit is rated for.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 02:59 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Most likely it is 12VDC circuit, so black is most likely negative/ground, red is positive, green - ?. Multimeter would give you answers, or at least 12V light probe. See picture for a typical reverse switch diagram.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fsf.jpg (247.3 KB, 4 views)
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 04:14 AM   #4

[QUOTE=GeorgeRa;129453]Most likely it is 12VDC circuit, so black is most likely negative/ground, red is positive, green - ?. Multimeter would give you answers, or at least 12V light probe. See picture for a typical reverse switch diagram.[/QUOTE
There are 5 terminals on the switch. The Black wire is the 12 V hot wire. The two White wires go to the bed motor. the switch is a center-off one. In one position 12V appears on one white wire and it turns the motor in one direction and in the other position 12V appears on the other white wire and it turns the motor in the other direction. The metal frame of the bed is at chassis ground. Perhaps the red and green wires are grounds as well. I will have to check with my VOM when I get back. I will be out of town for a couple days.
Old 06-25-2021, 04:18 AM   #5

No fuse in the power box that goes to the bed. Must be hidden somewhere.