Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2023, 01:31 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Interesting Victron battery specs

I haven't followed the Victron specs much over time as they were, and still are, too high cost for me to justify, but I did just go to their site and take a look at the current specs for them.

As I said, it has been a while since I looked, but Victron seems to have gotten on the much more conservative specs, particularly for the charge rates and expected cycle life ( at least they list number of cycles based on discharge rate so can be useful). It good to see a major manufacture (seller) of lithium that is showing the difference in life based on discharge percent as there are others that still claim the same life for 100% discharge as lower amounts do. Recommended charge rates are in the now more recommended .3-.4Cl range it appears.

Lithium still has longer life than AGM, but not as extreme as claimed in the past. Charge rates are basically the same as AGM per Victron and others, although lithium has big advantage in overall charge time because of the lack of tapering amps above 80% SOC in AGM that can be in the 6-8 hour range.

The temp recommendations are interesting as they show typical charge and discharge temps that are pretty typical at the cold end but quite high on the top end. Storage temps are crazy high and low compared to most.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Victron lithium battery specs.JPG (512.5 KB, 78 views)
booster is offline   Reply With Quote