Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2023, 07:45 PM   #21

Default yes do this

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPanEd View Post
Before you drop the generator and buy a new fuel pump, disconnect the fuel line from the tank and connect a temporary line from a gas can and try start the generator. My 1999 RT 2800 Microlite would not start, no fuel coming out of line when disconnected from the carburetor. I was going to replace the fuel pump, but when I tried it using a 2 gallon gas can it ran for more than an hour with the A/C running. I'm now going to replace the original fuel line from the tank. The original fuel line is hard as a rock.
Ed
I have the same experience, I thought about bad carburator, fuel pump,
etc. finally just did the same test, connect a new fuel line to a separate fuel
tank and it works well like new.! So replace the old 27 year old fuel line to
the main tank, and it works great. Fuel line do get old and probably have micro cracks to reduce suction of fuel is all I can say.

David Wang
dywang123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 08:18 PM   #22

Quote:
Before you drop the generator and buy a new fuel pump, disconnect the fuel line from the tank and connect a temporary line from a gas can and try start the generator. My 1999 RT 2800 Microlite would not start, no fuel coming out of line when disconnected from the carburetor. I was going to replace the fuel pump, but when I tried it using a 2 gallon gas can it ran for more than an hour with the A/C running. I'm now going to replace the original fuel line from the tank. The original fuel line is hard as a rock.
Ed
I am having that same issue. Did replacing the fuel line solve your problem?
Gkrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 12:04 PM   #23
Bronze Member

Yes, generator works good now. You have to lower the fuel tank to replace the line to the generator. Not an easy job, but not to hard either. Disconnecting the main tank fill and vent lines were the hardest part. Used a motorcycle lift jack to lower and raise the tank.
Ed
Old 07-17-2023, 04:23 PM   #24

Thanks for the reply and advice. I'll give it a try.
Gregg
Gkrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 02:01 AM   #25
g1g
Platinum Member

I had a fuel pump go out on mine and i just went to my local parts store and got a basic electric fuel pump. been working great since.
g1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 02:49 AM   #26
Platinum Member

Consider yourself fortunate. Fuel pumps are available with different pressure outputs.
If it is to high for the carburetor it may run rich or flood. Too low, and it will run lean or surge.
Deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 02:34 PM   #27
Gold Member

Quote:
Yes, generator works good now. You have to lower the fuel tank to replace the line to the generator. Not an easy job, but not to hard either. Disconnecting the main tank fill and vent lines were the hardest part. Used a motorcycle lift jack to lower and raise the tank.
Ed
Have been working, doing it myself, on replacing an old KV in my 02C190P with the new 2.8HGLAA. Got it all installed and connected. The PO had had a service on the old KV 3years ago and they spliced the fuel line attached to the Gas filler pipe in the rear wheel well. When connecting a new 4 foot section for the new line portion to the old line with the reused 1/4" barbed fitting, the old line split at the end as it's so brittle and aged. I recut the old line back at bit, used WD40 (recommended in the Install Instructions) and carefully got it connected. The new gen fired up perfectly but only got 2 hrs on it when it stalled out with a code 36 at the remote LED, fuel level being one indication. I think the old fuel hose needs replacing all the way to the Tank. I have looked at lowering the tank online and under the RT and it looks like a big job. I did not see anything on line about lowering the tank on a RT and I can't even see the gas filler pipe connection or how and where the Gen fuel line enters the tank. I suspect this is a possible nightmare experience, but it would be appreciated if you could detail the replacement of the Gen fuel hose. Does the storage box need to be removed to access the filler pipe and evap hoses or was it possible to be lowered the tank without a disconnect to access the old hose to tank connection. Booster has written there may be a Roadtrek adaption to the tank of a 5" disc with a fuel pipe to connect to and I've read that some Rt's might have a fuel line into the side of the tank. Have also info that the gen fuel hose attaches into fuel pump outlet. It all might be the connection is RT model and model year specific so any extra info you could share would be helpful. Thank You
Floorman is offline   Reply With Quote