Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2021, 09:10 PM   #1

Default Roadtrek isolator to aux battery issue

I have a 2002 Roadtrek 190 Popular and I am not getting full voltage from my isolator to the aux batteries (house batteries). The voltage leaving the isolator is 14.7 V which according to Sure Power rep is about right for my model, but the power at the first aux battery connection ( with battery disconnected) is only 12.2 V. So it seems like I am loosing voltage somewhere along the way. Has anyone followed the entire line from the isolator to the aux batteries. Mine leaves the isolator connects to a circuit breaker ( voltage still at 14.7 either side of the circuit breaker) heads up towards the motor the goes up onto the frame by the drivers front wheel then seems to head to the rear of the van but on the drivers side. I am going to try and follow it but thought if some has already done so it might save me some time. If you have does the line (wire) connect to anything else before reaching the aux batteries, like main cabin fuse panel?

I am planning on buying new 4 gauge wire and running a more direct route to the aux batteries but want to be sure I am not bypassing a critical connection.

When running the generator I get a reading of 12.7 volts on my aux batteries when they are normally sitting around 12.2 volts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
teknosorus@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
isolator battery link