Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2024, 04:15 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Updated from test setup lithium conversion

I had a thread earlier about out test setup 618ah lithium bank that we used on a 30 day fall trip, with quite good results that convinced us to finalize the installation with a lot of old wiring cleanup and optimization of new wiring. At the same time I decided to upgrade to a Wakespeed remote regulator to run the two parallel alternators we have run for about 8 years previously on our 440ah AGM bank and also on the test trip with lithium. The Wakespeed replaced an old school Charles/Ample Power regulator that was OK for AGM but not really settable enough for lithium and also did not have amps controlled transition to float that the Wakespeed has.

Changes are nearly done, just waiting for small time delay relay for the ignition wire to Wakespeed to eliminate an occasional fault generated by starting the engine with just the starting battery connected. It is an inductive kickback from the starter.

I will start with just putting up sketches of component locations in our 07 Roadtrek C190P and also the wiring schematic. It is an unusual system for a lithium swap to be sure, but that was done to try to get most flexibility out of the system that we can for the way we want to use it.

Here is the component locations sketch (crude)

And here is the schematic (also crude)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Component locations 001.jpg (64.9 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg Electrical schematic 001.jpg (147.9 KB, 106 views)
booster is offline   Reply With Quote