Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2023, 01:10 AM   #1

Default 97 Dodge Pleasure Way wiring schematic

I recently purchased a 97 Dodge Ram Pleasure Way and it seems the converter has issues. As I’m searching for a new one, I’ve noticed many 55Amp converters and only a couple 30 Amp. Being that I’m attempting to plug up to a 30Amp land service, does that mean I need a 30Amp converter? I’m seeing these things aren’t exactly cheap and I want to upgrade to solar in the near future. However, I need to have power to complete my renovation. Can I use a 55 Amp converter. Will it cause a fire? Will I need to upgrade all my wiring? PLEASE HELP!
Puppyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 04:45 PM   #2
Platinum Member

You don't indicate what's wrong with your current converter but: I replaced the converter section on the Magnatek converter that was on my 97 PW. I chose the size that was nearest to the old one (35 Amp) and therefore felt that no wiring considerations were necessary. The conversion is made by Progressive Dynamics.

https://www.progressivedyn.com/pd4600-converter/

I would suggest calling them to decide if you need/want a larger amp converter and what your options might be. Note that this replaces only the converter section of the old unit. The distribution panel (containing breakers/fuses and the wiring sent to different circuits) remains intact. I found it relatively easy to do the replacement.
GallenH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
converter, pleasure-way, power, schematic