Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2020, 09:10 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default 2004 Roadtrek porch light?

The outside porch light lens is missing on my 2004 Roadtrek 200 Popular, I have researched the light extensively and the lens is no longer in stock, what have others done about this?

Thanks
k1hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 10:13 PM   #2
Platinum Member

This worked on my 2001 Roadtrek

Deco 008089-01-700 Porch Light Lens - Clear

Purchased from Amazon
Old 02-21-2020, 10:58 PM   #3
Platinum Member

You might contact Sunshine State RV, in Gainesville, FL, they are a RT Dealer and have great Customer Service.
Old 02-22-2020, 12:11 PM   #4
Platinum Member

The Deco lens is no longer available.
I will try the FL dealer.

Thanks for the information.
Old 02-22-2020, 01:29 PM   #5
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1hog View Post
The Deco lens is no longer available.
I will try the FL dealer.

Thanks for the information.
Hi k1hog,

I have that light, but don't use it much. Maybe 8 years ago, the lens departed the B. I probably searched for a moment or 2 online, but then walked into my garage and found a piece of clear plastic which I thought would work. Used a Dremel tool, some silicone to seal it up. It is still there and happy with an incandescent bulb. Later I ordered the lens, led bulb. Both are in the B, just never installed with no good reason to install the new lens. If the bulb fails, I'll install the new lens and bulb.

No, you can't have my new lens. Ok, Ok, if you get desperate, I'll send you the lens free with no shipping. Hey, I already have one and it works. When the bulb fails, I'll just reinstall the jury rigged lens. No problem, my pleasure.

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 08:15 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Bud, your generosity is to much, I would be happy to pay you for the lens.

Thanks

Johnnie
Old 02-24-2020, 03:19 PM   #7
Bud
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=k1hog;105434]Bud, your generosity is to much, I would be happy to pay you for the lens.

Thanks

Johnnie, I'm sorry. I don't have it. Below are just some thoughts, probably only written for myself.

I thought that I might loose some sleep over it last night but did not and just wok up bothered again. Why don't I have it? I don't know or have it and don't know where, very unlikely. It is my fault I lost the first one as it fell out, and I found it on the driveway at home. When snapping it back in, I knew better and did not secure it with something or other.

Recalling now, this happened years ago prior to me knowing anything. I tried to find one online but did not put much effort into it. Right after I was walking through the garage and saw some plastic, and it popped in my head to make one and be done with it. I recall now the first did not fit well, and the Dremel tool would melt the plastic. The second attempt when Well which is why I did not install the new one. They were available because right after I saw the first post about them. I used the link provided and purchased one and along with an led bulb stored them together in the B. After searching, then very systematically I realized where it had to be. I had installed it and just forgot, so went outside and no.

So it had to be in the garage with some rv stuff. But the weak before I had cleaned up the garage, it had been a very long time. I threw out a bunch of stuff including rv stuff. No lens, it is possible I unknowingly tossed it out, but unlikely. If I have given it away and don't recall, I'll be in assisted care sooner rather than later. I wish there were not any truth to that.

I think I have also confirmed like you I assume, there are not any out there today. This happened with my stove last year. The one of the valved froze up. I had to stall a new stove! I put in a lot of effort trying to find the valve.

Unless I start using the porch light, I would just make another one. If I do use it more, I'll probably create some other kind of lighting system or another B.

There is a chance I'll still find it because there is no reasonable explanation And I'm a man - genetically impaired, can't find sh*t.

Bud
Old 02-24-2020, 08:21 PM   #8
Platinum Member

No doubt.

Thanks

Johnnie
Old 02-25-2020, 03:27 AM   #9
Platinum Member

Hey Bud. You're starting to sound like me. At my age (70+) I'm starting to wonder whether something really happened or if it was a dream. Reality displaced.
GallenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 10:15 AM   #10
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GallenH View Post
Hey Bud. You're starting to sound like me. At my age (70+) I'm starting to wonder whether something really happened or if it was a dream. Reality displaced.
Now add mind altering substance(S) to the mixture and you have me. So sometimes it is best that I don't post, but fortunately I have avanti, Janet..... to take care of me.
Old 02-25-2020, 11:21 AM   #11
Platinum Member

Bud, I see you live in LA.
Where do you live in LA or Louisiana.

Johnnie
Old 02-25-2020, 01:12 PM   #12
Platinum Member

Quote:

Johnnie
Or lower Alabama.
Just for fun:'15 Kawasaki Versys650LT
Perfection is a fantasy, though improvement is possible(Wifey).
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 01:48 PM   #13
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:

Johnnie
Kenner, a few miles from the N.O. airport. Means I have to have shore power and a/c until I'm in the mountains.
Old 02-28-2020, 01:14 AM   #14
Platinum Member

I had same problem on my 2006 RT. I replaced them with these. Slightly larger but overall improvement. 12 Volt Wet / Dry RV Camper... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006S61UIQ...p_mob_ap_share
engnrsrule is offline   Reply With Quote